Screen blanking out?

toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis(6)May 12, 2012

Anyone else who browses from their cell having trouble with gardenweb blanking out?

I suspect its a pop up not being compatible with the Android browser. I have a new Note so its not my phone being out of date.

This goes back two or three days. UBC forums are getting more and more of my attention thanks to this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
j0nd03

I am on a samsung galaxy s 2 and I don't have any problems. do you have ad blocker installed on firefox?

John

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 10:55AM
arktrees(6b NW Arkansas)

I frequently have issues on this site where the flash ads destablize the browser and computer. Makes everything run in a halting fashion. Don't go to this site, and no problems. Leave a window on this site or open multiple windows on this site, and the reboot is a coming. And yes, all software is fully up to date. GW is the ONLY ONE that does this. I've wondered if it's not by design of the advertiser to keep their ad on your screen longer.

Arktrees

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 12:16PM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis(6)

J0nd03, I am using the factory browser on my Samsung note. It worked well for a week then last couple days.

Before this phone I had a two year old Galaxy S. GW worked acceptably. The pop ups started getting througb the factory browser in the last couple months but did not disable the site.

Good to get other feedback. Perhaps later I will get another browser on my phone.

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 2:23PM
j0nd03

I have been using firefox since I purchased my droid and then dl'd adblock. No problems at all so far :)

John

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 3:09PM
jqpublic(7b/8a Wake County NC)

I posted an update in my Blue Ash thread and for some reason it never popped to the top of the forum. If I google search for it I'll find the thread, but for some reason it doesn't show up here? Does that make any sense?

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 11:21PM
More Discussions
Ilex x 'Scepter' -- anyone growing this?
Is anyone growing Ilex x 'Scepter'? It just looks like...
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA
Who has snow?
Post your snowy garden pics. (Locally, almost none...
subtropix
500 ft Privacy Fence/Screen trees advise
I have a very large property line that I would like...
zrodimel
Two trees start blooming in milder climate ...
I know the first is Hong Kong orchid. I forget the...
jujujojo_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™