Tree removal

stewjenMay 23, 2014

I live in Ohio and just had 5 trees removed. I opted to have the trunks left for my own personal use.

I was hoping that you could look at the pictures of the way the peices were stacked and give me an idea of if this is a "norm."
I feel like they were left in a very unsafe and neglegent manner, especially considering they knew full well that we would need to cut them up.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stewjen

More pictures

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 9:26AM
huggorm

Seem all right to me, they are easier to cut when stacked loosely

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 1:26PM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis(6)

Wow. That is a bit of a project. I have had parts of one tree left for me. It was a pile 1/5 that size I suppose and just by being smaller only slightly more organized.

What is the diameter of what you had left, 18 to 36 inches? I gave away some huge chucks of ash trunk to some fella who heats his home with wood and used the rest for stools and bonfire wood. I also fine it interesting to see how rot travels down trunks and the like so it was fun. Bent the shucks out of a dolly though moving some of my pieces around.

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 2:47PM
mikebotann(8a SE of Seattle)

They did you a favor by putting as many as possible up off the ground. Easier to cut up and keep the saw out of the dirt. Be careful though! Not for someone who is not used to a chainsaw.
I use a pile of woodchips to put the logs on to cut up when I can.
Mike

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 3:04PM
davidrt28 (zone 7)

I agree with the other posters.

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 3:48PM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis(6)

Wow. That is a bit of a project. I have had parts of one tree left for me. It was a pile 1/5 that size I suppose and just by being smaller only slightly more organized.

What is the diameter of what you had left, 18 to 36 inches? I gave away some huge chucks of ash trunk to some fella who heats his home with wood and used the rest for stools and bonfire wood. I also fine it interesting to see how rot travels down trunks and the like so it was fun. Bent the shucks out of a dolly though moving some of my pieces around.

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 7:15PM
calliope(6)

Those are some awfully healthy looking trunks. Yeah........this is actually better than usual. As said, you're looking at some respectable diameters....be careful.

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 9:02PM
More Discussions
Prunus mume are blooming in the South.
Pictures taken on February 3, 2015 at Wuhan (capital...
jujujojo_gw
need suggestions for trees
looking for ornamental small evergreen shade tree for...
sherylraeh
American elms seeds wanted
When we were discussing pruning the damaged elm, I...
jocelynpei
Autumn Brilliance Serviceberry or White Fringe Tree?
They're both adorable! Looking at both of these to...
ilovemytrees
Vulcan Magnolia
Just purchased a 4.5 inch "Vulcan" Magnolia....it...
viper114
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™