used john deere purchase, what to look for?

kenstlJuly 21, 2010

Does anyone own a John Deere F525? I am looking at a 1998 model with 310 hours on it. I drove it (no experience with this model), it seemed to drive fine. Forward, reverse, brake, steering, all seem to work fine. The mower started right away, no smoke, and it idled and ran full out, sounded ok, oil clean on dip stick. Visually the mower looks very clean for 12 years old. all of the plastic body is in good shape, no cracks etc, mower deck looks new.

Any help would be appreciated if there are anything i should check on this model.

thanks ,

Ken

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

I would look the engine and transmission over good for leaks, small wetness not a big deal, but visable drips especially after you run it a while could be an expensive repair down the road. Other than normal wear areas like wheel attachments bushings, belts, idlers, pulleys, and blades. These are normal wear areas and usually the homeowner can replace them. Boils down to how well you like the machine and you budget.

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 9:01AM
More Discussions
John Deere 445 EFI wet plugs
Tractor won't start until you remove both spark plugs and...
stone75
what yall think about this for a deal a Kubota on CL
here is the link.... what yall think http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/4760971779.html thanks...
jeanwedding
Can you identify this Muffler?
I obtained this muffler a while ago, but have no idea...
rodco
Request for advice/information on Simplicity Regent 4111
Hello all. I was doing an internet search and found...
mattyruch
Rider lift 88.88 this weekend
HFHorrible Freight rider lift. Works pretty well!
tomplum
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™