tractor recommendations

cuts298August 12, 2014

We have a yard that is 2 acres. When we bought our home we started with a yardman, then got a used simplicity conquest 20. This time we would like to see what is recommended.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jack922(6)

A little more information of what all you do with your tractor. Is it just used to mow lawn grass or is it used year round. I have on riding mower and two garden tractors that have never seen a mower. Do you need something to move snow in the winter? Personally I like owning garden tractors, not yard tractors. The hydrostatic in a garden tractor will take more use, even if just mowing the lawn. I don't like big box store mowers, everything is light weight, ment to wear out in a few years.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 1:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
exmar

IMHO, in increasing quality (and price) Big Box Stores, Sears, Private Dealers, eg. JD, Snapper, etc. This time of year, you may be able to get a deal on a machine that's still hanging around.

If your two acres is level and all you're going to do is mow and drag around a small garden cart, the BB machines would work for the least money. Be aware though, most if not all aren't particuarly meant to be maintained, especially the trans. How long you expect this to last and how "handy" are you in terms of maintaining the machine are also to be considered.

Good luck,

Ev

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 3:41PM
More Discussions
Everybody getting enough seat time with the snow?
I know I am, way too much and compared to New England,...
exmar
Briggs & Stratton OHV Intek Hard Starting
I am another of the seemingly many people fighting...
dreamoftheflood
Ford 1210 hydrostatic clattering when engaged
Is it possible someone is up on this subject here?...
jaceymae
Dead cylinder
So I have a Briggs & Stratton Engine model number:...
RebornGreen
Tecumseh throttle governor help?
Ssnow blower, not tractor question, but I'm hoping...
mbsl98
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™