Maid of Kent

bart_2010(8/9 Italy)June 13, 2014

Does anyone out there grow this climber? What are your impressions of it? I'm thinking about getting it, but there are so many other options,so any comments would be appreciated...thanks,bart

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
frances_in_nj(z6 NJ)

Hi Bart, I grow MoK. I like her a lot! It blooms relatively late in the season. Mine has not yet opened, but the buds are showing color. Just to give you a reference, my Super Dorothys, another late one, ARE in bloom. Big magnificent clusters of smallish flowers that cover the plant. Good bloom through the season, good health. The color is beautiful, and goes perfectly with deeper pinks (I have mine growing with Capt. Samuel Holland). Mine is maybe 9 ft tall, but very wide and spreading. I give it a thumbs up!

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 6:22PM
bart_2010(8/9 Italy)

Thanks, this is very helpful...especially the bloom-time thing,an essential point to know when it comes to placement, etc.My problem this year is that there are so many pink climbers that I want to try, and for once I'd like to not over-extend myself,i.e.,ordering lots of roses for which I don't even have a clear idea where to place! cheers, bart

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 4:56AM
the_dark_lady(z7 Amelia VA)

I like mine a lot, too. Large sprays of delicately colored small flowers, nice fragrance. Highly recommend this one.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 11:27AM
bart_2010(8/9 Italy)

ooh,thanks for the photo! The ones on HMF are confusing, showing very, very different colours...

Bookmark   June 15, 2014 at 4:36AM
bart_2010(8/9 Italy)

...by the way,dark_ lady in Virginia, when does Maid of Kent open it's blooms in your garden?After Super Dorothy,as in frances'? thanks, bart

Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 9:30AM
jjpeace (zone 5 US/zone 6 Can)

What a beautiful rose. This is the first time I've heard of it. How is the repeat bloom, since it blooms later in the season.

Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Reine de Violettes
I dug it up and moved it two years ago. It was own...
deervssteve
Some of the funniest posts from the past.
Does anyone who's is good with computers know how to...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
High Country Roses review: pics of what my order looked like
HCR was so good with my order, I feel the need to 'pay...
laura242424
Belmont Yellow and Schmidt's Smooth Yellow
Somewhere there was a thread on these two roses, but...
Kippy
For those looking for Poseidon/Novalis
Heirloom Roses has it! I was so excited when I saw...
Rosecandy VA, zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™