Naturalis-L

arkroselady(7b)June 25, 2012

Has anybody had any experience with this product in controlling thrips? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kittylee(SW Colorado Z4)

Hi Arkroselady,
I have heard of Beauveria bassiana, when I was researching pesticides for thrips last week, but never heard of Naturalis-L. So I just goggled it and found this pdf file.
"ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Beauveria bassiana ATCC 74040 ... 7.16%"
"Beauveria bassiana is an insect specific fungus and exposure to non-target insects should be avoided. Avoid applying to areas where honeybees are actively foraging or around bee hives because this product is pathogenic to honeybees."
"Naturalis L works primarily through contact action, so good spray coverage is essential."

Rosemainia is selling it for $99.00 a quart? That's a bit too high a price for my budget.

Have you looked into Spinosad? I just ordered a quart of Monterey Garden Insect Spray for $25.00 with free shipping from Amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: University of Minnesota, Dept of Entomology

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 10:50AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosetom(7 Atl)

I posted about it a couple of weeks ago. It works. The first time I've had clean Elina and Crystalline blooms this side of October. I backed off of it when the JB's came (still here), and the thrips have ruined everything again. I will start it up again when the JB's leave.

Spinosad (Conserve) is OK and will cut them down, but it won't stop the thrips from ruining all of your light colored blooms. Use both together and you may not see a thrip for a couple of weeks after spraying. My only complaint is that Naturalis L is a fungus, so you can't spray it with a fungicide. That's not so bad, though, this time of year the roses can go several weeks without fungicide. I just can't bring myself to spray more than once a week.

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 1:01PM
More Discussions
Roses from highcountry roses - really disappointed
I received my roses from highcountryroses today. It...
bluehaven_gweb
DA Coupon codes
Hi, I have the following coupon code and was wondering...
annofpa zone 6b
Photos won't post
I was able to post a photo from my computer last week....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Roses that you miss
I have a few roses I have lost over the last 10 years....
kingcobbtx9b
Photo-Cl. Butterscotch
This is a test to see if I can post on Houzz. A favorite...
James_Shaw_San Francisco Bay Area
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™