Huskee Garden Tractor

jimd-2010August 3, 2010

Hi all. I need some help. I am working on my dad's Huskee garden tractor. I put a new lower drive belt on. After putting everything back together, including the mower deck on, the engine won't turn over. The starter engages and tries, but it won't roll over. I put a big wrench on the top of the crank, and turned the engine manually, but it was pretty tight. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

You didn't do anything silly like tip the mower did you? Possibly a routing issue and the belt is holding the crank tight. Post the model # from below the seat and the part # of the belt you had installed.

Bookmark   August 4, 2010 at 12:02AM
rcbe(6)

Also closely recheck for proper belt routing

Bookmark   August 4, 2010 at 6:04AM
jimd-2010

I didn't tip the mower. One problem is, my dad took it all apart, then went to the Mayo Clinic for cancer surgery. Now he is unable to work on it, so I'm trying to finish it for him. I found the manual, and am sure I routed the belt properly. The only thing I can think of is, maybe the belt that goes from the mower deck to the crank is to0 tight. I didn't adjust anything, but with a new belt, it might have made it too tight. I will get the model # of the tractor next time I'm over there. Thanks for the help. Anything else I'm not thinking of may help.

Bookmark   August 4, 2010 at 4:16PM
More Discussions
what yall think about this for a deal a Kubota on CL
here is the link.... what yall think http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/4760971779.html thanks...
jeanwedding
Tecumseh throttle governor help?
Ssnow blower, not tractor question, but I'm hoping...
mbsl98
What happened???
I logged in yesterday after a prolonged absence and...
romore_gw
New Briggs & Stratton lawn mower engine never needs an oil change
Wonder what Taryl at the Grass Roots Garage would have...
txtom50
Ford 1210 hydrostatic clattering when engaged
Is it possible someone is up on this subject here?...
jaceymae
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™