Phlox 'Junior Dream' - Positive Review

bodayJuly 16, 2014

Phlox 'Junior Dream' is looking very good, has started blooming which would put it about a month ahead of the other phlox.
I ordered it as a replacement for Monarda 'Petite Delight' which blooms for a very short time here and then Basta - "See ya next year'.

So far it's right out of the pictures with color similar to 'Petite Delight'. It's a Paniculata so should have similar growth patterns except much shorter, about 16 inches.

Next year it'll replace the Monarda to go along with my Rudbeckia 'Little Goldstar'.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rouge21_gw(5)

I ordered it as a replacement for Monarda 'Petite Delight' which blooms for a very short time here

I keep waffling re replacing my monarda with something else. It is blooming right now and with the moist conditions it seems like it will be in bloom for longer than in the past.

My "Little Goldstar" will be in bloom by next week. A very good plant in my experience (as compared to the ubiquitous Goldstrum).

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 6:01PM
boday

My "Little Goldstar" will be in bloom by next week. A very good plant in my experience (as compared to the ubiquitous Goldstrum).
----------------------
I finally have decided enough waffling. Both the Monarda and Phlox are in bloom at this time, except the Phlox is supposed to go till fall. Therefore the trial with three plants.

Agreed on the 'Goldstar'. Mine is just into the first bloom. Waiting on things to perk up before pictures. Might be something to see later.

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 6:11PM
rouge21_gw(5)

My LGS is now in full bloom...over a week behind last year (2 plants planted side by side).

How is yours looking boday?

Bookmark   August 3, 2014 at 10:10AM
More Discussions
Growing Yucca in container?
I seem to remember a member mentioning they were experimenting...
christinmk z5b eastern WA
Echinaceas in my Rain Garden
In a rare stroke of luck I just finished my rain garden...
northraleighguy
hhibiscus propagation
how much time it takes for rooting airlayering of Hibiscus...
prasadmbd
Your Monkshood?
I have an established stand of some unnamed aconitum...
rouge21_gw
Off to Paris!
Hello Fellow Perennial Fanatics, :) I'm off to Paris...
steve1young
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™