Ranch King Pro Hydro. Speed Up

jahatfieldSeptember 18, 2013

I have a Ranch King Pro 22hp Kohler with hydro. tranny. Runs great and cuts great, but man is it slow. Anyway I can speed it up?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcbe(6)

hoo boy.... +- one or two slows? It's all relative, described that way.
Try looking in the chassis cavity under the tilting seat and getting the full mgfr's model # off the ID decal/plate post back here with that info. mebbe we can look up specs and other details to find out how fast it should go and if there are details available for machine repair/adjustment.

Bookmark   September 18, 2013 at 2:49PM
jahatfield

Hard to read as there are white triangles all across the label. Here are the numbers I could read. Model# 14AY806, below that there was 890889. Serial# looks like 7B00135. Manufactured by MTD.

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 9:08AM
rcbe(6)

No joy. MTD could not recognize those numbers.

if the hydro tranny has been slowing down over time, try an oil and filter (if so equipped) changeout. Somewhere on the tranny there will be an ID tag giving the mfgr's name, model number, etc. Use that info to find out what is involved in changing the fluid. May also be some info in your mower's operator's manual.

If it's fast enuff in reverse, but slow in forward, take a close look under at the linkage - may be some bushing slop/wear limiting stroke movements..... or a balancing adj in the case of a "teeter-totter" type control... good luck.

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 4:41PM
jahatfield

Hydro Gear Model# 618-0249.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 9:19AM
rcbe(6)

On the tranny - call Hydro Gear Consumer/Dealer Support: 877.728.7410 - give them that model # you found and ask them for specs on the fluid and how to change it out.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 3:58PM
More Discussions
Dead cylinder
So I have a Briggs & Stratton Engine model number:...
RebornGreen
STX46 is dead
I have tried MANY things over the past year to get...
MPinNC
Looking at a John Deere X300 to purchase
I sold my Power Kraft (finally) after a persistent...
Alberti
Do "Drift Cutters" work?
Chatting with a buddy in Connecticut, he had about...
exmar
What happened???
I logged in yesterday after a prolonged absence and...
romore_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™