Finally some blooms from my Michigan garden!

nummykitchenJune 12, 2014

Seems like I've been waiting forever for that spring flush! All of these are Snowmageddon 2014 survivors :)

Bouquets I made for my children's teachers for the last day of school yesterday:

Angel Face

Dream Come True

Gold Medal

Kordes Perfecta

Peppermint Parfait (own root)

Pope John Paul II (own root)

Flaming Peace

Strawberry Ice (own root)

Senior Prom

Love

Camelot

Lady Diana

Heirloom

White Knight

Henri Matisse (own root)

CL Pink Don Juan

Memoriam (own root)

Peace

Thanks for letting me share! Hope you enjoyed a walk through my garden :) I'm working on a compiling a list of winter survivors and fatalities -- like Seil's, I think those are so helpful for people in similar zones!

Take care,
Andrea

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

Oh, Andrea, they're gorgeous! Those are lucky teachers to get such beautiful bouquets and that Flaming Peace is to die for!

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 1:29PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

Your roses are lovely. I'm more of an old rose lover but Peppermint Parfait, Angel Face, Heirloom and Memoriam really caught my eye. I'm glad you still have such beautiful roses in spite of your godzilla of a winter.

Ingrid

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 1:33PM
madri_gw

Those blooms are awesome Andrea. Every rose looks picture perfect. That's so nice of you to share them with your kids teachers. I am sure they were delighted to get those flowers.
The dream come true, flaming peace and camelot are absolutely gorgeous.
After seeing blooms like this, I always feel, it's worth the effort and struggle we endure in growing roses, trying to over come all the adversities like weather.

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 1:39PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Andrea - So glad to see your beautiful roses. And what a sweet gesture, to make bouquets for your kids' teachers. Your roses are all gorgeous. Seems like you Michigan gardeners have a special touch, even with the terrible winter you had.

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 2:04PM
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Fantastic photos NummyKitchen! I guess it was worth your wait! :)

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 5:20PM
martinca_gw

Lovely!!! So many looking perfect after your killer winter...well done!

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 12:31AM
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Love your photos--especially Dream Come True and Flaming Peace. But Peace is always beautiful, isn't it!

Kate

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 12:47AM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

What gorgeous blooms!

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 6:53PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Kordes Perfecta is stunning!!!! What do you think of the fragrance??

Henri Matisse and Pink Prom are gorgeous too.

I enjoyed ALL of them. Wow!!
Carol

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 7:25PM
nummykitchen

Thanks, everyone!

Seil -- The teachers loved the flowers, I was just sad I didn't have enough to make bouquets for all of the staff like secretary, music teacher, etc. -- I just did not have the blooms available this early after such a harsh winter so I decided I would just do each child's teacher. Flaming Peace sure put on a show!

Ingrid -- thank you! I am just getting into roses and adore the old garden roses, even though I grow mostly new ones. I need some more room so I can have a special old garden rose corner! For now I will just have to visit the forum and enjoy looking at those!

Madri -- Thanks, the flowers were a big hit at the school! Everyone wanted to smell them and couldn't believe they were all from my garden. I love seeing photos of roses from everywhere but it is special to see some pretty ones come from colder zones, and the spring is so special after being inside for months!

Sara-Ann -- Thank you! I love seeing the other Michigan gardens on here, gives me some hope that I can keep my garden going!

Jim -- Thanks, yes it was definitely worth the wait! I planted a whole second row late last season so I'm seeing a lot of these bloom for the first time and it is delightful!

Martinca -- Thank you, yes it was quite the winter up here! Surprisingly I lost more during the 12/13 winter, but I think that was because I was a newbie and not planting properly for my zone.

Kate -- Thanks! Yes, Dream Come True is an eye catcher, my husband even commented on that one! Peace is always a gorgeous rose, I agree! I have some more photos I took today of that bloom opening up and it is even prettier all full and pink tipped!

Iris-gal -- Thank you! It is a pleasure to share!

Carol -- Thank you! I agree about Kordes Perfecta, I could not believe that bloom form, and it held for at least two days! I planted my two Kordes Perfectas last year so this is my first time seeing them bloom as established (or at least second year) roses and they are really a treat.

Thanks for letting me share :)

Andrea

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 10:05PM
mark_roeder(4B IA)

You have some great roses. You carefully considered your selections.

Bookmark   June 15, 2014 at 1:22AM
sweetvenge

Wonderful collection of roses,especially like your photos of Dream Come True and Strawberry Ice

Bookmark   June 15, 2014 at 1:06PM
More Discussions
DA Coupon codes
Hi, I have the following coupon code and was wondering...
annofpa zone 6b
Counting the Days!
Generally it starts after Christmas with me, truthfully...
sara_ann-z6bok
Rose thorn infection update
For those who missed the last thread on the subject,...
alisande
Fortuniana grafted roses
If you can grow rose's that are grafted onto fortuniana...
Ken (N.E.GA.mts) 7a/b
Help me choose a climbing rose please?
Here is my order..lol - I need a rose that is light...
gardenbug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™