Need advice on a Crafstman / Kohler problem.
I have a Crafstman YTS4500 with a Kohler 26hp Courage engine that's just over a year old.
The engine runs perfectly, until I engage the deck, at which time it runs rough until it dies or I disengage the deck. It has also done it when I have engaged the hydrostatic transmission to move the tractor. It doesn't do it all the time or only when it's cold (or warm). It's sporatic.
Maybe coincidental, but the problem came not long after I dumped some mixed gas (~1 gal) into the tank (nearly full).
So thinking it was a gas problem, I have:
1. Drained the gas and filled with fresh gas and fuel / carb cleaner.
2. Changed the fuel filter.
I also changed:
3. Changed the spark plugs.
4. Changed the air filter.
5. Changed the mower blades.
6. Greased the mower deck pulleys.
7. Checked the gas tank cap vent holes.
8. Checked the oil (level @ mid point).
Any thoughts? I would really appreciate any help you can offer.