Can';t help myself, more pictures

sara_ann-z6bokJune 28, 2014

My roses are almost in full bloom right now. Not as spectacular as the spring flush, but still lots of blooms. They've started water rationing, I am going to have to figure out a drip-line system, we can water between the hours of 9 p.m. - 6 a.m. Looks like it is getting ready to rain, I hope so.

SUNSPRITE is the first one

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara_ann-z6bok

JFK - Has a few buds, it looks like the blooms are going to look okay this time around.

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 1:56PM
sara_ann-z6bok

BELINDA'S DREAM - This rose is fantastic!

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 1:59PM
sara_ann-z6bok

PEACE

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 2:00PM
KarenPA_6b

Sara-Ann, please continue to post photos of your roses. They are just gorgeous! I really enjoy them. Wish my JFK looks that good. Most of my roses are blemished from Japanese beetles.

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 3:48PM
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I guess you are a week or so ahead of me. My roses are just beginning to form buds in preparation for the summer blooming cycle. In the meantime, thank you for letting us enjoy your earlier blooming cycle. You are doing such a fine job with your roses that it is no wonder you love to photograph them and show them off to us.

Kate

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 4:41PM
seil zone 6b MI

They're beautiful, Sara, and we love seeing them all!

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 4:44PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Thank you so much everyone, I do appreciate the encouragement. I enjoy my roses tremendously and I enjoy sharing them too. And I also enjoy seeing yours. I appreciate the good advice I have received from you all during the past year. Kate, I do hope you have some more beautiful roses soon.

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 6:49PM
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Yes very nice Sara Ann! Sunsprite sure is nice and bright! :-)

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 8:47PM
lesmc

Sara Annâ¦.your roses are so lovely. That picture of Peace is outstanding. I hope you continue to share your roses with us. Lesley

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 9:11PM
sara_ann-z6bok

JIm - Thank you, yes Sunsprite is very bright! The yellow roses sure brighten things up. Lesley - Thank you. I have been thinking about you and wondering how your roses are doing. I love the Peace rose, it is such a pretty color. I would love to see your lovely pictures when you get the time.

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 10:49PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

That picture of Peace is amazing!!! I always think of Peace as - well, it sort of looks pretty. But yours is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Love the strong colors of Sunsprite and Belinda's Dream. Mmmmm!
Carol

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 1:26AM
bunnicula03(z6b NJ)

Thanks for sharing your roses! I grew Sunsprite many years ago, the color was always so bright and cheerful. You gotta love the floriferous floribundas!

My mother-in-law, now deceased, used to have several older Peace bushes in front of her house. She would tell me that they were the most beautiful rose. I mentally poo-pooed her thinking, never having seen them, in favor of the newer varies pouring out from J & P and other rose breeders in the 1970s. I went to visit her one time when her roses happened to be in bloom. Her Peace roses were magnificent! The color, size, and form were just perfect. Then I knew why Peace was loved by so many. I always meant to put one in my garden, but alas, still haven't...

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
Counting the Days!
Generally it starts after Christmas with me, truthfully...
sara_ann-z6bok
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses...
bluehaven_gweb
Help finding a miniature rose
So far I have decided to try Green Ice from Chamblees....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Does Anyone Grow Rina Hugo?
This is a new rose in my garden, and one I'd never...
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™