Gravely Tractors

krnuttleSeptember 21, 2013

Our church had a yard sale today. One of the items donated was an old Gravely tractor. The type with two wheels, the square hood, and the substantial attachment point for different attachments on the front. Unfortunately it does not have the front attachment.

I know to properly sell it I would need model numbers, serial numbers, good pictures, etc. However I would like to know if it is worth the time and effort to try to sell it or is a a candidate for the scrap heapl.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johntommybob

If it has a square hood it is probably an electric start model. I would see if it will start, or at least turn over even if I had to jump it off. It's hard to believe it is not worth something as there are people who collect old Gravely tractors. They are built like a tank. I have one I bought new about 27 years ago and it still runs as good as it ever did.

Having said that it would be better sold on Craigs list or ebay where it could bring as much as $200 to $500, or more, but with no more than you know about it it's hard to tell.

A picture would help.

Bookmark   September 21, 2013 at 5:07PM
More Discussions
Tractor starter-wrong rotation.
As I have been known locally as a lawn tractor fixer,...
rustyj14
Does anyone else have this problem?
I have a Craftsman riding mower that the manual clutch...
cowgirlrose55
Snapper Riding Lawn Mower Wiring Diagram
I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for a Snapper Rear...
byrondallas
Dead cylinder
So I have a Briggs & Stratton Engine model number:...
RebornGreen
New Briggs & Stratton lawn mower engine never needs an oil change
Wonder what Taryl at the Grass Roots Garage would have...
txtom50
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™