scotts murray 1846 model number:

bushleague(MA)September 12, 2009

I picked up a Scotts Murray 1846 tractor recently and need a couple of belts and pullies. Does anyone know the model number for this tractor for parts lookup? There are no stickers or any nomencalture anywhere. It has the fuel tank behind the engine (Murray) and an 18HP Command twin. TIA!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canguy(British Columbia)

You need the model #, there were different 18hp 46" units. It should be under the seat.

Bookmark   September 12, 2009 at 10:18PM
tomplum

Are you looking primarily for deck parts? The old Murray quick reference guide shows a Scotts 46" deck. The deck # is shown as # 779012. The qr manual is part # S-1356. I would be glad to give you part #s from the guide if one isn't online. Maybe in the mean time, I can think of someone that may have the model #. Also, a dealer that has microfiche yet would have the parts listing by year. I wonder if the Home Depot parts site would be helpful as this was built for agent orange? The first two digits of the engine code # will tell you the year of manufacture. Also, belt #s will be under the hood. At least you could help verify a proper diagram with that info.

Bookmark   September 13, 2009 at 12:29PM
bushleague(MA)

As stated earlier, there are no labels on the machine except a Kohler maintenance guide under the hood. There's no engine code on Kohlers, just model CV18S, spec 61546, and serno 2703015477 which shows it in a Murray Tractor, 1997 year. I am looking for the ground drive belt and a couple of idler pullies.

Bookmark   September 13, 2009 at 8:07PM
tomplum

Maybe this will help. I have a customer w/ a 50567x8. It is a Scotts, Hydro, Command twin- but with a 50" deck. Go to the below link and check it out- or similar #s on the list.

Here is a link that might be useful: Murray parts w/ diagram

Bookmark   September 13, 2009 at 10:55PM
bushleague(MA)

Thanks for the links, the HD parts site was huge, photos and a textual description of everything. I ordered both flat idlers and a drive belt today which is good since it's way to heavy to push around, and the hydro dump is stuck.

Bookmark   September 14, 2009 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
John Deere SRX75 Rider Issue
I have an old Deere SRX75 30" rider with a Kawasaki...
itzbinnice
what yall think about this for a deal a Kubota on CL
here is the link.... what yall think http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/4760971779.html thanks...
jeanwedding
Snapper Riding Lawn Mower Wiring Diagram
I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for a Snapper Rear...
byrondallas
Tuff Torq K46 Tranny
I've been reading many of the posts on this site and...
tuco
STX46 is dead
I have tried MANY things over the past year to get...
MPinNC
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™