Information on the rose Movie Star, please

Rosecandy VA, zone 7June 27, 2014

I am very interested in the rose Move Star, but the information I can find on it is very limited. Helpmefind lists it as a florist rose, which I understand tend to be prone to disease, but the ratings on it (albeit only 1) scores EXCELLENT for everything but fragrance. I love the color that I THINK it has (I can only find two pictures; one on Heirloom and one on HMF) and, admittedly, I want it because of the lack of information so that I can review it and let others know how it is. Does anyone own this rose? Do you have ANY information on it at all?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

It looks lovely but probably your best bet would be to order a bouquet and try and root some because I don't see the plant as being available for sale anywhere now that Vintage is closed. I did find some available as cut flowers when I googled it.

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 2:24PM
seil zone 6b MI

It looks lovely but probably your best bet would be to order a bouquet and try and root some because I don't see the plant as being available for sale anywhere now that Vintage is closed. I did find some available as cut flowers when I googled it.

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 2:25PM
Rosecandy VA, zone 7

Thank you, but Heirloom Roses sells it (it was in stock this past spring). I just don't think I'm the only person who's been interested in this rose, and I'd like opinions and experiences from those who own or have owned it. I appreciate your suggestion, though!

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 3:05PM
Rosecandy VA, zone 7

Does no one grow this rose? Any information (especially from personal experience) is appreciated.

Bookmark   July 1, 2014 at 9:14PM
More Discussions
Climbing, spreading, purple roses?
Although I don't consider myself a rose aficionado,...
ilovegardening
DA Coupon codes
Hi, I have the following coupon code and was wondering...
annofpa zone 6b
Fortuniana grafted roses
If you can grow rose's that are grafted onto fortuniana...
Ken (N.E.GA.mts) 7a/b
Heirloom roses website
Hi, I've been trying to order roses from the Heirloom...
bellarosa
When a seller has the wrong picture, etc.
One rather large plant catalog with lots of pictures...
stillanntn6b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™