Need Wiring Diagram for Craftsman Riding Mower

tonyreeseSeptember 29, 2008

I had to replace the female terminals on the 3 relays on my 1999 Craftsman 42" riding mower (17.5 HP Kohler engine) because of a short in the wiring. After replacing the terminals the mower no longer has fire to the spark plug. I need a very specific wiring diagram to chase each wire back to its proper place. I would really be grateful for any help.

P.S. The Sears Parts web site only has a general wiring diagram.

P.S.S. I also just replaced the transmission, front spindles, and the entire steering assembly (12-15 hours hard work) so I'm really wanting this monster to run again!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_kapaun

You want a specific wiring diagram, but you don't post the specific Sears number.
917.xxxxxx

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 10:19PM
s_cultice_yahoo_com

i have a craftsman riding mower model 917 272056 i need a wiring diagram the wires got in the steering and cut in to

Bookmark   March 22, 2011 at 10:56AM
hp2use6_yahoo_com

Hello please help my father has a craftsman mower model # 917255450 an he needs a wiring diagram or schematic. He has been working really hard to get it running. I have gotten a few on line but are very hard to see not very good PLEASE HELP THANKS A BUNCH.

Bookmark   March 29, 2011 at 4:18PM
kountrygrandma2_yahoo_com

I have a craftsman riding mower. the motor runs good. cant get blade to run. set key need wiring diagram

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 6:09PM
Terlam55

I need a electrical schematic wiring diagram for craftsman 42" mower, model # 917.259572. Any help appreciated.

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 8:51PM
bill_kapaun

http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0711470.pdf
is for a 917.259573.

It appears to be the same tractor, but you might compare any switches etc. with searspartsdirect.com to make sure the part numbers match.

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 3:09AM
Terlam55

Thank you so much, it's exactly what I needed. Have been able to find only general parts diagram til now. I am using this motor on a log splitter and needed to eliminate the safety switches and make sure I had start, run, and charge capabilitys. Thanks again.

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 8:03AM
More Discussions
what yall think about this for a deal a Kubota on CL
here is the link.... what yall think http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/4760971779.html thanks...
jeanwedding
Everybody getting enough seat time with the snow?
I know I am, way too much and compared to New England,...
exmar
Ford 1210 hydrostatic clattering when engaged
Is it possible someone is up on this subject here?...
jaceymae
John Deere 445 EFI wet plugs
Tractor won't start until you remove both spark plugs and...
stone75
Briggs & Stratton OHV Intek Hard Starting
I am another of the seemingly many people fighting...
dreamoftheflood
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™