Tri color beech .. a few of this years pix

ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5June 14, 2013

well.. since you peeps have been talking about this one.. i figured a few recent pix should be offered ... trying to get a bit artsy fartsy with a common cannon ... whatever.. lol ..

in another post i said:

do you care what your tulips look like in august ... do you care what your mock orange looks like in late summer... etc.. etc ...

every plant has its prime season, and just collect enough plants.. that you have something new coming into its prime every other week or so ... so you have something fresh to look at .. and so you can forget about that which is past its prime for that season ...

===>>

if i got rid of every plant.. that did not look good all 12 months.. i would have 5 acres of pasture .. period .. [and that doesnt even look good all 12 months]

see link re: background music.. lol ..

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: Words-adapted from The Bible, book of Ecclesiastes Music-Pete Seeger To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven A time to be born, a time to die A time to plant, a time to reap A time to kill, a time to heal A time to laugh, a time to weep To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven A time to build up,a time to break down A time to dance, a time to mourn A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven A time of love, a time of hate A time of war, a time of peace A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven A time to gain, a time to lose A time to rend, a time to sew A time for love, a time for hate A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cher(6 SW OH)

Wow pretty much covers this tree. It's sure grown a lot from previous photos.
Cher

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 10:17AM
ghostlyvision

Thanks Ken, wonderful tree you have.

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 8:43PM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis(6)

Ken, that is down right teriffic!

I am going to recommend everyone north of me try to grow one.

Now your choice of music....perhapse sonething from THIS century next time lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: Or at least some CCR

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 9:27PM
whaas_5a(5A SE WI)

Thanks for the new pics!

Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 12:40PM
drrich2(6)

Beautiful tree, Ken. Earlier this year, inspired by yours and after I believe it was Whass who spoke well of some plants with good root systems she got from Broken Arrow Nursery, I ordered a small one to commemorate the addition of our daughter to the family.

I hope hers grows up as beautifully as yours has.

Any idea how old your tree is?

Richard.

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 1:39AM
jqpublic(7b/8a Wake County NC)

The shots from underneath are stunning!

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 3:28AM
More Discussions
Pruning yaupon holly as tree
The builder put in 15 gal (I think) yaupon holly shrubs...
Meghan Mccarthy
Who has snow?
Post your snowy garden pics. (Locally, almost none...
subtropix
Is this diseased?
This is a new young tree I purchased from Ebay. I planted...
rubyhum
500 ft Privacy Fence/Screen trees advise
I have a very large property line that I would like...
zrodimel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™