I'm glad I did not buy a Deere this fall!
I've been looking at the Deere x300 for some time now. I even started a thread here a while back asking when the best time would be to purchase (price wise). I almost bought one a few days ago because of Deere's offer of $300 off list price. However, I will not use it until spring and did not want to buy it and just store it for a few months. This offer expired a day or two ago.
I use the tractor for grass cutting only and would not even have cause to start the machine until Feb., when here in Texas you start scalping. So I decided to wait until Feb., even if I had to pay a bit more at that time and also get a 2011 model rather than 2010s which are offered now. I assume the new 2011s with their nice, fresh batteries will be coming out after the first of the year. I don't know for sure when new models come out so I could be wrong about that.
I just checked the Deere website and see they now have a new offer that starts today, Oct. 30, and extends to the end of Feb., 2011. The offer is for $500 off list price. So, assuming no new price increase takes effect on the 2011 models, I will save a couple hundred bucks more over their fall savings offer and I don't have to worry about storing it. Plus, in the spring, I can take advantage of the 30 day return policy if I am not satisfied because I will be using it at that time and not just putting it in storage.
Sometimes he who hesitates is lost but sometimes it works to your advantage. If all my assumptions prove correct, I will be glad I waited.