A nice JD tractor gift.

rustyj14(W/PA)November 22, 2012

A feller stopped in a couple weeks ago-asked if i take old used lawn tractors! Since I am not a bone-head (My opinion, not that of others) I told him I'd take it. So, i got it home, and still can't find out what is wrong with it! It runs, drives, mows, tows a cart, goes up hill well, battery good, ????

I even called the guy! His wife answered, and when i asked her why he gave the tractor away--she said it doesn't go up hills very good! HMMMM!

Well,in all of my lawns and yards (There is a difference)it hasen't shown any reluctance to going up their slopes and hills. I'll probably replace the main drive belt this winter as it looks well worn. And, since my other machines are much older, i think i'll keep it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
txtom50(8a texas)

Maybe he just wanted a new toy and that's the story he told his wife.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 5:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14(W/PA)

Well, yes, that occurred to me, too. So, it'll get a good refurb, possibly a new main drive belt, and some TLC.
Since my other machine is getting long in the tooth, it will be for back-up use, and the JD will work in its olace. Then there is the JD/Scotts tractor that refuses to start, and the old Toro/Wheel-horse that does, So, i won't be stuck without mowing machines for a while.

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 2:40PM
More Discussions
John Deere SRX75 Rider Issue
I have an old Deere SRX75 30" rider with a Kawasaki...
itzbinnice
Can you identify this Muffler?
I obtained this muffler a while ago, but have no idea...
rodco
Everybody getting enough seat time with the snow?
I know I am, way too much and compared to New England,...
exmar
Does anyone else have this problem?
I have a Craftsman riding mower that the manual clutch...
cowgirlrose55
Do "Drift Cutters" work?
Chatting with a buddy in Connecticut, he had about...
exmar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™