Cheap rider lift?

tomplumNovember 15, 2013

I see Harbor Freight has a lift in the flyer for $79.99 . It seems affordable for the average Joe . Has anyone checked it out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

Here's the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: HF

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 4:36PM
wheely_boy

300# capacity doesn't seem like much. My set up weighs about 600#; not sure how it's distributed though.

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 6:28PM
twelvegauge(8)

Looks similar to my MoJack, except the HF has hydraulic lift, while the Mojack is screw-type. MoJack is also rated for 300 pounds, has no trouble with my 26-HP Husqvarna tractor, which weighs a little over 600 pounds. If the HF unit had been available when I bought my MoJack, I would certainly have given it a look.

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 7:03PM
tomplum

MoJack has some nice units. I would think that 300 # capacity is good for the typical lawn tractor, probably many L&G tractors as well. You are really lifting one end at a time. I'm sure you could over do it on a beastly tractor. Mine is a 400# capacity lift and I can say it has sweat a couple of times. I'm going to HF and have a look whilst I'm there. Will post back an opinion. One press I have is a HF special. Not ever given me a problem, but is slow!

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 7:25PM
mla2ofus

My lift is a multipurpose tool. I bolt a chain hook in the end of the platform on my HF hyd lift table. A short chain goes from there to the front or rear of the rider. That table is my best buddy in the shop to lift things where I can easily work on them.
Mike

Bookmark   November 16, 2013 at 10:01AM
tomplum

Those lift tables are nice, though I haven't seen the HF one. Is yours pneumatic or electric?

Bookmark   November 16, 2013 at 10:40AM
krnuttle

I use a garage jack. I like it because it is a quick way to lift the front end so I can easily move the front wheels to check the tire pressure. It also work nicely when removing the mower deck to jack the front end.

Bookmark   November 16, 2013 at 10:45AM
ewalk

Have a Older Global Inc Unit , 1000 lb Rated . Designed Motorcyle use. I modified its table top for 4-Wheeler and Snowmobile use . I think it was $450 range about 8 yrs ago . I see there still in business. Scizzor lift Hydraulic Cyl. activated by foot pump . Not a bad unit for the Buck at the time . Paid for itself over the yrs. Probably cheaper units available these days $80.00 for a 300 # lift qualifies lol .

Bookmark   November 16, 2013 at 11:22AM
exmar

FWIW. Yesterday I was at Tractor Supply to take advantage of their Thanksgiving 10% off everything and stocked up on wild bird seed, etc. etc. that I usually buy there.

I noticed a stack of boxed rider lifts, didn't look at them having no need.

Probably the same imported stuff that everyone else sells. If you've got a TSC nearby, it might be worth a look, 10% is 10%.

Good luck,

Ev

Bookmark   November 16, 2013 at 12:20PM
tomplum

No go at my local HF. Nothing to report here....

Bookmark   November 16, 2013 at 7:02PM
mla2ofus

Tom, mine is hydraulic, IIRC rated at either 900 or 1,000 lbs.
Mike

Bookmark   November 16, 2013 at 9:10PM
skibo

I was just serfing the forum and found this about cheap rider lfts question, I have one from HF #60636 and I use it to fully pick up my garden tractor. I bought it to lift up my VW roadster for oil changing and maintaince. I can lift the whole car off the ground, probably not a good idea, but I lift the whole front or the whole back at a time to do work. at $179.00 it's been worth it and a good tool to have around.
skibo

Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 6:50PM
More Discussions
Briggs & Stratton OHV Intek Hard Starting
I am another of the seemingly many people fighting...
dreamoftheflood
Time for a new tractor
According to the shop my JD L110's transaxle is on...
Key Design
PTO problem.
I have a John Deere 190C with 54 in. cut i am having...
jeeper55
Briggs and Stratton 25hp els OHV help!!!!
I got a this motor attached to a mover off a craigslist...
H&M Contractors
John Deere Or Cub Cadet?
I'm going to buy a new lawn tractor this Spring and...
cbmullen
Sponsored Products
Tough-1 Nylon Saddle Blanket Protector/Carrier - 61-8010-10-0
$30.99 | Hayneedle
Henri De Rivel Pro Buffalo Dressage Flocked Saddle - 2017-R04S17
Hayneedle
Shires Equestrian Hollow Mouth Loose Ring Bradoon Bit - 559-4.5
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Tough-1 Softfleece Liner/Sheet Blanket - 33-300-10-101
$49.99 | Hayneedle
Tough-1 600D Print Waterproof Poly Turnout Blanket - 32-7010-600-69
$89.99 | Hayneedle