A strange machine:

rustyj14(W/PA)November 21, 2010

I was given a free Murray riding tractor/ lawn mower, former owner moved to Florida, and gave it to me. Had carb troubles, but with some great help here, i finally got it running and driving.

BUT---It mows well, runs well, drives well, and leaves disappear well, But, when i checked the bagger---there wasn't anything in it!

I figgered a stuffed delivery chute. Yep, so i cleaned it out. Didn't help. Checked the underside of the deck--clean. Ran engine faster. Nope. Today i did my large front and side yards--leaves disappeared, nothing in the bagger! And yes, i did have the blades turning! I'm beginning to think this place is haunted. WOOOO-HOOOOO!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

"Today i did my large front and side yards--leaves disappeared, nothing in the bagger!" Hey, what more can a guy ask for Rusty!
Though if you really wanted to bag them for the garden, maybe the blades are upside down or the baffle plugged in the bagger.

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 7:49PM
rustyj14(W/PA)

Well, the problem sort of went away all by itself. A fellow came by, asked how much i'd take for it. I told him, he bought it, but asked me to remove the bagger assembly, as he didn't need it. Problem solved! And yes, i did find the tube was really stuffed!

Bookmark   November 22, 2010 at 10:23PM
1saxman

Just for general info; if the bag does not inflate with the engine running, nothing will go in it because no air is blowing into the bag. Something was obviously out of whack with the mower.

Bookmark   November 26, 2010 at 8:25PM
andyma_gw

Yeah ,Putting the blades on upside down, and then spending all kinds of time fixing stuff on the Inty and having the final fix being to put the blades on right. Ask me how I know. Like everything else , a lesson learned the hard way. Doh

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 5:43PM
More Discussions
Tuff Torq K46 Tranny
I've been reading many of the posts on this site and...
tuco
John Deere Or Cub Cadet?
I'm going to buy a new lawn tractor this Spring and...
cbmullen
Craftsman rider safety switches
I have a Craftsman mid-engine riding mower with a briggs...
LRM2
Craftsman LT 1000
Craftsman rider LT 1000 917.271851 032502D005822 Engine:...
RSch110856
Need help with grass height dial on J.D. X300 mower
I have 2014 JD X300 mower (14 hrs. on it) I've had...
gainesville3469
Sponsored Products
Cullen Ivory Wool Throw - IVORY
$187.00 | Horchow
Floral Chenille Full Sized Futon Cover
Overstock.com
Muse Sticks Wall/Ceiling Fluorescent Light by AXO Light
$1,507.50 | Lumens
Breville BKC700XL Gourmet Single-cup Coffee Brewer
Overstock.com
Diva 9-Light Chandelier by Schonbek Lighting
$6,061.00 | Lumens