Anyone Still Sowing Perennials? Updated Seed Want List

moonwolf_gwFebruary 28, 2013

Hi everyone,

Is anyone still sowing perennials? Has anyone started sowing cold-hardy annuals yet? The only annuals I have sown are the Datura seeds.

I've also updated my trade list. All of them I'm really hunting for lol, but some more than others. Right now, I'm focusing on perennials/biennals/hardy annuals.

How's everyone doing? I know I've been rather quiet, but like I said before, I'm cutting back on WS'ing this year.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kimka

I've just sent you an email as I have several of your wants.

KimKa

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 1:48PM
emcd124(5)

Still sowing perennials. Still sowing everything. I've been really pokey slow this year, doing 4-6 containers whenever I can steal a second to mix up the wetted potting soil. going to try to do some more today.

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 4:13PM
lissatink(5/MA)

Good I'm glad I am not the only slow poke. I keep meaning to do more. I have the containers, seeds and soil. Just haven't gotten around tp more.

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 4:25PM
barbe_wa

I've started on hardy annuals, but I keep getting more perennials in the mail which have to be sown right away, of course. I've also done quite a few cold weather veggies and herbs like the brassicas, peas, spinach, chard, parsley, chervil, green onions, etc. I'm going to a swap meet this weekend which will probably give me a few more perennials to sow. (Oh darn, I just hate that - lol)

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 7:55PM
silverkelt(Z5b/Southern Maine)

I havent even started yet on anything, we have had 60 inches of snow the last two weeks, ive learned long ago to be patient.

I used to run out at the end of December and sow everything but tender stuff, the issue with that is 100 inches or so of snow and ice will flatten the containers, other then really stiff ones, so I would just end up with loads of flat milk jugs.

Waiting till mid march works best for me, give or take. Past most of the largest of the snow storms (hopefully) but still plenty of cold left for the seeds that need it.

Silverkelt

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 8:48AM
juanital(5b/6a OH)

I've finally gotten some potting soil. I knew should have gotten back in Nov, but put off and had been looking for anything since Jan. Thinking I'm going to need more though!

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 12:28PM
ponyexpress_1

I had already started Gazania by then and I have sprouts now. I also planted some other annuals. Did I start them too soon? I am a newbie at WSing. I sowed nicotiana sylvestris, petunia and night phlox. I did reserve some seed in case they didn't make it though..

This post was edited by ponyexpress_1 on Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 12:44

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 12:43PM
More Discussions
Wintersowing ONLY for Container Gardening?
Hi guys, I live in the city so I mostly container garden....
luigiwu
Has Anyone Wintersowed Burnet?
Love the tall, wispy flowers like Tall Verbena and...
lizbest1
Help please - I need a photo of milk jugs in snow
Hi everyone, I work for a non-profit organization and...
diggerdee
Where did everyone go?
I know lots of folks are on the FB WS group but where...
indianaplantlover
When to sow annuals?
Do you think it is a valid rule of thumb to use the...
smdmt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™