Can anyone identify what's causing chlorosis on this redbud?

mosquitogang201July 13, 2014

I planted three last fall. Two are thriving, but the leaves on this one are quite chlorotic. The only difference is that this one is planted near where an old ash tree was removed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
akamainegrower

Chlorosis is a descriptive rather than a diagnostic term. Causes are many: wrong soil pH, compacted soil, too wet, too dry, lack of an essential nutrient, excessive amount of one or more nutrients, etc., etc. A soil test is the only sure way to know the cause in a specfic case like this one.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 6:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

planted last fall ...

how bad was winter.. where are you ... i had some rather severe.. unexpected damage on plain old RB ...

second... i have had repeated droughts of a few weeks in between good rains... many trees are showing yellow leaves due to the stress ...

a pic of the whole plant might help ...

when you start the post.. with a premise.. on some level.. you start the conversation.. by ruling out too many things ... e.g. i am suggesting a water management issue ... but you started at soil deficiency ... or disease ...

is anything else chlorotic in your yard??? .. if not.. the i would question how there would be a soil deficiency ... and i would fall back to transplant stress .. aka water management ...

ken

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
Do the flowering pears display their show before spring?
When exactly do the callery's flower? Right now in...
tlbean2004
2015 Midatlantic/SE/New England winter damage thread
I don't mean to exclude the midwest but I think for...
davidrt28 (zone 7)
Pruning yaupon holly as tree
The builder put in 15 gal (I think) yaupon holly shrubs...
Meghan Mccarthy
where to prune these maples?
ugh what happened to GW?? anywho - need some advice...
skyjumper
Are these roots that are forming on a callery pear cutting in water?
As you may know, i took cuttings of a flowering pear...
tlbean2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™