My plants need a new home, please :)

mommyto2(NC7)February 20, 2011

Hello everyone!!

My name is Monica and I haven't posted on this forum for a very long time but I do check in with you guys at least a few times a week. I wanted to post this offer in this forum because I have been a WS for almost 4 years and all of you guys have been incredibly helpful towards my dream of having a beautiful yard!! Also, because I was a newbie once, I jumped at any chance of getting any type of plant.

I have a huge pot ghetto (I don't mean WS ghetto, I mean nursery pot ghetto)which would have to be watered everyday once the weather warms up. I have to leave the country for a few months and I can't leave these pots for my husband to have to deal with since he works 11 hours a day so I decided to do a major purge!! But of course being the plant mommy I am I can't just throw everything out. So here I am hoping someone would like to help me :) Right now I have oriental lily bulb/bulbblets. They are a mix of all sorts of oriental, orienpet and asiatic lilies (stargazer, red hot, easter lily, red dutch, triumphator, nymph, etc.) Every time I divide or move my mature lilies I separate the small bulbblets and pot them up until they mature. What you will get is bulbs that will flower this year and many bulbblets that will need to grow for another year or two.

I also have white butterfly ginger, penstemon, agastache apricot sprite, and many mixed bearded irises, but mostly lilies.

I think I have enough of everything for 4 people. All I ask for is shipping. I believe a medium flat rate box will be enough for everything. I'm in the rate and review forum just in case you guys want to check out my rating.

I'm sorry my offer is so long. If anyone is interested please send me an email.

Thank you guys for saving my babies!

Monica

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenunusual(5b)

Hi Monica!

I would be interested in your offer, sending you an email. Many thanks!

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 3:59PM
karendee(5WestOFChicago)

wow how nice of you!

Have you thought of a sprinkler hose on a timer? Maybe that can keep them watered while gone.

I bet someone near you could come pick them up.

So sorry you have to give away your plants. At least they will go to gardners that love plants!!
Karen

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 4:10PM
just1morehosta(5)

Hi Monica,
I remember you,:0)
Sending you an e mail
cAROL

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 5:40PM
ctcfo(6b - Southwest CT)

Hi Monica

I'll be the 4th if you still have some plant left.

Thanks

Jeff

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 6:20PM
cottagedreamer(5 Northeast Ohio)

If you still need one more, I'm in.
I'll e-mail you now.
Thanks!

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 8:52PM
mastergarder2003(5 MI.)

If anything is small and left to put in a envelope let me know. any and let me know how many stamps and size of envelope to mail you, or what size box or anything let me know what you need if there is any left overs. Email me Gw mastergarder2003 Bon. thanks so much. If know just dont email me I understand thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 11:25PM
mommyto2(NC7)

Hi guys!!!

I have responded to gardenunusual, cAROL, Jeff, and Tanya. Thanks guys for helping me out:)
Hi Karen, thanks for your suggestions, but I think I'm just being a plant hog, I know I don't have enough space for all these plants but I can't bring myself to throw them all out.

cottagedreamer and mastergarder2003, let me see what I have left once I get these boxes put together. I will email you.

Thanks to you all and have a wonderful day!

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 9:30AM
ontheteam(5a-6 (S.Eastern, MA))

I'll pay postage for anything you want to send. I will use it all for my Charity plant sale to benefit Boston Children hospital.

Here is a link that might be useful: My plant sale blog

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 10:26AM
sweetannie4u(midOK_z6b/7a)

Hi Monica,

If you have any leftovers, I'd be happy to give them a good home and pay the postage.
Send me an email.

~Annie

Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 1:13AM
lindalou(z5 NY)

hi monica, i would love some bearded ginger and daylilies. if you still have something left to send me, please let me know what the postage would be. i would really appreciate it. thanks, so much, for your generosity. ;)

Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 7:40AM
margarita10(7Batl)

Monica,

I know it's late but if there is anything left over please consider me. I will pay whatever postage.

mmaldonado@firstam.com

Thanks,

Margarita10

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 9:09AM
More Discussions
Winter Sown Peppers (Tomatos)
I tried winter sowing last year for the first time...
midmented
First Time WS... Snapdragons, lunaria, cleome... Help?
So this is my first year WSing. I planted some perennial...
david883
I may have overdone things a bit...
So... I split out my 1 gallon pot of Di Ciccio broccoli...
pugetsoundgardener
Winter Sowing Dahlia Seeds?
Does anyone WS Dahlia seeds? How do they work out for...
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6
Help please - I need a photo of milk jugs in snow
Hi everyone, I work for a non-profit organization and...
diggerdee zone 6 CT
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™