mushrooms growing in the compost bin
I've been composting (black plastic bin) for about a year. This morning I checked on some compost that is almost done and there were about 2 dozen or so 6" long mushrooms growing in the bin. Having not seen this before I'm wondering why they now suddenly appreared.
Not being an expert on mushrooms, I'm wondering if they're edible or not. I also folded them back in to the compost but got to thinking if they are poisonous or psychoreactive can I still use the compost in my winter season vegetable garden?