Before and After

missmary(6b)July 21, 2014

I have to do this in two posts because I can't manipulate whatever-i-need-to to get both pictures in one post.

So this is my Livin Easy BEFORE (2012):

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
missmary(6b)

.....and this year 2014 (sorry, the first picture was last year - 2013)

This is what my Livin Easy was reduced to after our cold winter. It's actually grown a bit; it was barely a bud when I decided it was worth nursing back to health

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 8:43AM
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23

It was a tough winter for a lot of gardens. Sorry to see what happened. Optimism is part of gardening, though. :)

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 10:53AM
johnnycabot(Z4b MI.)

oh awful -but she is worth nursing back. Mine also died to the ground and is looking so much healthier however much smaller than your first rose ever was. Did you give her a good "kick in the pants" feeding? Mine came back just in time for the ?+@! Japanese Beetles to attack. (sensored)

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 11:57AM
kentucky_rose zone 6

I think a lot us can feel your pain from last winter. Yesterday I noticed a bush with a cane that was dark brown and sort of pinched at the bottom, like it was going to die. Probably when I spring pruned some die-back made it's way to the crown. It may take another season to fully learn the effect of last winter. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 3:33PM
seil zone 6b MI

Be patient. If the root ball is good it will grow back. I had many roses look like that coming out of this winter. Keep it watered and fed and it should rebound.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 4:59PM
missmary(6b)

The thing about feeding it is I haven't been confident about whether I should be treating it as a first year plant (no fertilizing) or a 2nd year plant. So - in early June I did put down a conservative amount (not a "kick in the pants" amount) of organic food - either Rose tone or Milorganite, I can't remember which. Then last week I gave all my roses a fish emulsion feeding.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 5:20PM
More Discussions
Anyone grow Delbard roses (like Dames de Chenonceau)?
I've been told that the Delbards are a lot like Austins....
gardenerzone4
Best Place to Order Rose?
Here in Southern Ca, I've not been able to find some...
evelyn257
Climbing, spreading, purple roses?
Although I don't consider myself a rose aficionado,...
ilovegardening
Candy Stripe questions...
After nursing this band from Rogue Valley along since...
nummykitchen
Can you message me or anyone else?????
I made sure to check, "allow users to message...
jasminerose4u, California
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™