Size of Mature Buddleia White Bouquet

linlily(z5/6PA)September 15, 2011

My next door neighbor bought a White Bouquet this year and the plant looks very tiny next to her Pink Delight. The foliage is a different color, more of a grey-green and it is very small compared to other Buddleias in the neighborhood. The habit is more bushy right now too.

I have no experience with White Bouquet but my Royal Red, Dubbonet, Pink Delight, and species seedling are huge plants with big leaves. Does anyone here grow this particular variety and how big does it get compared to other BBs?

Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenweed_z6a

I grow a white buddleia I bought from Bluestone Perennials--my notes say it's 'White Ball' rather than White Bouquet. I bought it specifically because it's a dwarf form and I wanted something small. It's definitely dwarf. It grows just about 2 ft. tall each year, blooms well but is so unimpressive, I often forget it's there. Black Knight is growing at the opposite end of the same bed and it grows to 6 ft. by 5 ft. every year. Can't say I'm impressed with the dwarf BB.

Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 6:47PM
linlily(z5/6PA)

Thanks for responding, gardenweed. I posted here because I was getting sizes that were not consistant from the googling I did. One site would say that White Bouquet grows to 6 feet tall, and another said that is a more compact variety - whatever that means?????

Anyone else have White Bouquet in their garden?

Linda

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 4:01PM
rutten

At same age, if annualy cut to the ground White Bouquet is as large as Royal Red that is larger than Pink Delight.

One consistant source for size is Longstock Nursery listing:
http://www.longstocknursery.co.uk/buddleja-c31.html

Bookmark   September 18, 2011 at 2:18PM
More Discussions
Before and After
By chance I came across this first photo just today....
rouge21_gw
PSA: Please set up messaging feature in your profile!
Not sure if you guys are aware you are able to do this....
mxk3
flowers of Doc.Martin TV show
I am trying to ID the flowers on the side of the road...
maple_man
Mason Bees)
Does anyone here encourage Mason Bees to stick around...
mikerno_1micha
Trying any new perennials this year?
Just wondering what new perenniaks everyone is trying...
bellarosa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™