Good news, bad news. Floribundas

PinkFrontDoorJuly 29, 2014

Good news: we are fully renovating our home starting next march
Bad news: my 4 beloved 'easy does it' floribundas are planted alongside the foundation and need to be moved (it's too risky to leave them in place where they are)

How and when do I move them? I'm in zone 6b. I initially planted them from 3 gal. pots this may and they are now 24" or so tall and 18" or so wide. They have been absolutely fantastic and thriving. I have a suitable place to transplant them in a safer spot in the yard. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

I would do it now. There is enough time for them to settle in to their new homes before winter comes. Dig the holes now, trim the plants back a little (to reduce the transplant shock), water them very well, dig as big of a root ball as you can (if you can get all of it, that would be great), put them into the new holes, water them well. Some shade would be nice, if it gets hot. Don't panic if they droop a bit after moving. No fertilizing until after they show new growth in the new spots. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 5:57PM
seil zone 6b MI

I would do exactly what Diane said. I don't know where you are precisely but you should have a good 90 days left before your first frost and that should be plenty of time for them to settle in before winter.

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 6:05PM
buford(7 NE GA)

I am in the process of digging up 30 roses, including large teas because of construction happening in my yard. It's not that hard. If you have a spot, just make sure you have that spot read, hole dug before you take it out of the old spot. If you are keeping them in pots for awhile, put the pots in the shade and keep them hydrated. You may lose some leaves or buds, but they should be ok.

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 8:35PM
More Discussions
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses...
bluehaven_gweb
Help finding a miniature rose
So far I have decided to try Green Ice from Chamblees....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
I just gotta have it!
I don't know why I used to be satisfied with just a...
sara_ann-z6bok
Osiria rose - slow grower?
Does anyone else have an Osiria? Mine is fairly new...
HollyKline
threads are not sorted from most recent to least
This sucks. I've got the threads under Lastest Activity...
rosecanadian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™