Lots of Photos

ArbutusOmnedo 10/24July 14, 2014

I just posted some photos of various OGRs, some Austins, Bardens, and other roses in the Antique Rose Forum, but I'm sure some of the roses are of interest to those who frequent this section of the Rose forum as well. I hope you enjoy them.

Jay

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

Do go look everyone because they're fabulous!

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 12:11PM
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska

Wonderful photos Jay of some excellent healthy and exciting roses! I'm partial to the lovely variations in roses like your Distant Drums or Pam's Choice or the delectable Disneyland. You're right that I hadn't heard of Orchard's Pride but it is terrific. Where is that available from? It's good to see a mature photo of Tea Clipper since it does indeed fade to pale, but the lovely Lady of Shalott doesn't! I envy you your Rosette Delizy in your zone enough that I might try zone pushing that one here - I have a handful of teas that are mightily babied!

Thanks so much for sharing the photos!

Cynthia

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 3:43PM
ArbutusOmnedo 10/24

Hi Cynthia,

I don't really know where one could find Orchard's Pride these days. It doesn't have a source listed on HMF, but it does apparently go under the alternate name Miss Ashley which I didn't know.

My mom has a standard of it in her front yard that she bought at least 4-5 years ago at a hardware chain called 'Orchard Supply Hardware,' I think the rose was named 'Orchard's Pride' to commemorate some anniversary of the hardware chain OSH, but I could be mistaken. I saw a shrub of it available at an OSH almost 2 years ago, but I haven't seen it anywhere in So Cal since.

Jaimes Coiner, the breeder, sells to places like Home Depot, OSH, and others from his wholesale nursery, Coiner Nursery. He breeds his own roses as well as selling older, out of patent floribundas, grandis, and HTs. I don't know if any nurseries carry it that ship, but it could be worth contacting Coiner Nursery if it's a variety that you can't live without. I doubt that, but it is lovely! It has a scent that isn't strong in it's quantity, but to my nose is just perfectly light, sweet, and vaguely citrusy.

Jay

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 4:40PM
tigerloveroses

Wonderful roses!

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 12:14AM
More Discussions
My City's White Fly Elimination Program (ladybug)
I saw this very happy and active ladybug on a walk...
jasminerose4u, California
Please help choose roses for tricky spots!
Hi everyone! I'm new to roses but been gardening for...
brightstar123
Iceberg vs. Pope John Paul II
I am considering placing white roses near the entry...
Desertgarden- Las Vegas, Z8b @ 2800 ft.
For Love of Roses
I received my order today from For Love of Roses. ...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Pierre de Ronsard/ Eden climbing size question
I plan to train Pierre de Ronsard and it's new dark...
Adrianne
Sponsored Products
4 Lights Glass Golden Finished Iron Wall Sconce
ParrotUncle
Eurostyle Epifania Side Chair in Gray & Chrome [Set of 4]
Beyond Stores
Broadway Black 6-drawer Condo-sized Dresser
Overstock.com
Tom Dixon | Etch Shade Pendant Light
YLiving.com
Fresca Distinto Modern Bathroom Vanity with Wenge Wood Finish
Modern Bathroom