Siren's Keep - a long, long wait

AnneCecilia z5 MIJuly 2, 2014

Purchased from RVR in 2009 as a tiny band and neglected shamefully in the years right after beloved DH passed, dug up and moved to my new home last summer, would you believe that my Siren's Keep has grown more this year than ever before and finally presented me with its first bloom - astonishingly perfect and beautiful. Worth the wait, I'd say, and I'm hoping it will really take off from here. It must like it's new home. :-)

And I have to throw in a slightly unfocused photo of Blue for You as well as I think the color of this rose is marvelous. Actually, they're both marvelously colored, but each in a completely different way.

Anne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rideauroselad E.Ont4b

Hi Anne,

I got my band of Siren's Keep in spring 2011. Same waiting game here. It has grown slowly in the first three seasons, but is now putting on a couple of new small canes with a few flower buds.

But then, most of the bands I have purchased from RVR have taken a long time to get going. I have a plant of Quietness from the same importation that is taking a very long time to get going. Bigger than Siren's Keep, but not by a lot.

Congratulations on the bloom you have waited so long for, hopefully I will have a couple of my own in a week or two. I sure hope the RVR roses leap this year.

Cheers, Rick

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 8:26PM
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Glad it likes its new home! They look great!

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 8:28PM
seil zone 6b MI

Beautiful roses, Anne!

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 10:47PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Oooh!!! I really like Siren's Keep - and I really like the name too. Such a soft color on Blue For You - really pretty.

You did well on those two!!
Carol

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 12:53AM
More Discussions
Systemic treatment suggestions?
Hello, In years past, I have used the Bayer rose 3...
ladriannec
Wax on rose
In mid-January, I bought a bareroot rose from Lowes...
Gary
Beauty of Glazenwood
Starting to bloom. Tough to photograph. Picture taken...
deervssteve
Small blooms on Marie van Houtte
I'm in Houston and we've had a very wet spring, lots...
humble5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™