You're the One

seil zone 6b MIJuly 23, 2014

This newer released miniature is a monster! It's one of the ones that you have to warm mini growers about because it's over 4 feet tall and nearly as wide, lol! It's been blooming non-stop since I got it and it's been clean as a whistle.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boncrow66

OMG Seil that is beautiful! You are shameless tempting me with a new mini lol. That is seriously a beautiful rose. Thanks for sharing!

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 8:39PM
seil zone 6b MI

Lol, thanks!

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 2:24PM
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Nice Seil! How large are the blooms on these mini's? Thanks

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 5:35PM
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska

Oh, yeah - this is my kind of "mini" - lovely variegation, clean foliage, nonstop bloom, and BIG. Your terrific photos were enough to enable me for this one, but with that description it's a must-do. Where did you buy this?

Cynthia

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 6:40PM
boncrow66

I had just about stopped dreaming about Mariotta and now this one has blown me away too!

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 9:16PM
seil zone 6b MI

Thanks everyone!

This one is a true mini for leaf and bloom size. They're just a little bit bigger than an inch across at peak form. Even fully open they're less than 2 inches in size. But as I said the plant is huge and still growing. I picked this one up at a local nursery and because it's a new intro I did see it at a couple of local places. I'm sure it will be available all over soon.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 11:20PM
kentucky_rose zone 6

Seil, about how long do the blooms last? Beautiful bloom!

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 11:59PM
Patricia43(z8 AL)

That's a beautiful rose, Seil. I don't remember who, but it may have been Rosebud, who said something to the effect that miniature only refers to the size of bloom because he/she (not sure it was Rosebud, but think it was he) had miniatures that grew 4-5 feet. I would love to have this one growing 5 feet in my garden. It's a gorgeous color.

Bookmark   July 26, 2014 at 4:02PM
bunnicula03(z6b NJ)

That's correct, patricia43. But 4-5 ft would certainly force one to think twice about where to plant that puppy! Seil, that's a lovely rose. Now that I've been forwarned about the size, it may still go on my wish/watchfor list.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 10:54AM
seil zone 6b MI

Ken, they only hold form for about a day before they open fully but I did sucessfully show a couple this spring.

Yes, some minis can and do get very large bushes but not all of them. X-Rated never gets bigger than 1 X 1 foot in a season but Softee will easily be 4 X 4 if I let it. You have to do a little research on them to know which ones are big and which ones are small plants.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 1:42PM
More Discussions
Since this Forum is starting over again
I have an idea, lets post or locations and our Zones....
dan_keil_cr Keil
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
Meredith posted this on the Antique Roses forum: In...
jasminerose4u, California
Help me choose a climbing rose please?
Here is my order..lol - I need a rose that is light...
gardenbug
Help finding a miniature rose
So far I have decided to try Green Ice from Chamblees....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Anyone grow Delbard roses (like Dames de Chenonceau)?
I've been told that the Delbards are a lot like Austins....
gardenerzone4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™