spray cocktail roses left over spray how to dispose of

bug_girl(17)September 12, 2012

I spray my roses with a cocktail, but the problem is it hard to find a good sprayer. They work at first and even though I back flush them, they stop working. A week ago, I sprayed, but the level in the bottle did not go down. I don't know if it is completely clogged. So, I set it aside. Should I buy a new sprayer and re spray with the cocktail that is already mixed. Should I discard the cocktail and make new cocktail? If I discard where do I discard it? The bottles had you can use it again even after mixed with water, but that does not refer the cocktail. It is for fungal and insects like aphids and leaf miners such as rose slugs. Rose slugs and green worms that eat each leaf up.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michaelg(7a NC Mts)

Sounds like you may be using a hose-end sprayer. These are not good for applying pesticides because they mix so inaccurately. Pump-up tank sprayers are inexpensive and reliable.

To dispose of pesticides that are out of the container, the best of bad options is to mix with gallons of water and spread it widely around. Most pesticides will break down after exposure to light, air, and bacteria. Also, dilution reduces toxicity. Pesticides in their container may be wrapped and sent to the dump.

It's not a good idea to spray insecticides routinely--regulars here, along with most experienced rose growers, don't do that.

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
DA Winchester Cathedral
I am trying to find a white DA rose that will grow...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Is this the dreaded Rose Rosette?
I only recently found out about RRD but I thought that...
DandyLioness (CA 9, SZ 14)
Does this Alfalfa Tea look right?
The first picture is the tea trying to bubble up through...
missymoo23_(z9a_Tx)
First bloom on a new bush - I like it !!
Crescendo - A new one for me. Hope it always looks...
suebelle_neworleans
Rose Ripoff only a gardener could appreciate.
So I did a search on Ebay for rose bushes, curious...
kublakan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™