Kordes Rose compliment for Pink Double KO

mike_rivers(z5 MI)September 16, 2012

I want to plant a Kordes rose next to a Pink Double Knockout rose. Can you name one that compliments the color? Failing that, can you name any rose that compliments the color?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
farmerduck

I don't do color coordination. But if you want a yellow that is as tough as Knockouts, flowers just as much with FAR superior bloom shape, is highly fragrant and get about as tall as Pink Double Knockouts, try Sunsprite. Color coordination aside, it should go well with any lanscape roses in the right climate.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 8:12PM
newroses

I wouls recommend that you look for Cream Veranda which will grow 3" tall is a cream color flower with an apricot blush. Other possibilities would include the Vigorosa collection pinks, Innocencia (white) or Roxy which is a dark pink. All should be disease resitant and perform well.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 8:45PM
flaurabunda(6a, Central IL)

My recommendation would be Bride's Dream. I think the pale pink looks fantastic next to either hot pink or deep red (black/burgundy) roses.

A non-Kordes suggesion would be World War II Memorial.

Both would offer fragrance as well.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 9:55AM
mike_rivers(z5 MI)

Pale pinks seem like a good idea. Would Munstead Wood or William shakespeare 2000 qualify as burgandy roses? In any case, do you think they would look good next to PD KO?

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 10:46AM
farmerduck

I have Mustead Wood. It throws out octopus canes whichever way, and depending on wherever you want to place it, the growth habit might or might not work for you.

The flowers are dark, purplish rose red, very double, very fragrant, very, very, beautiful, but they fry in summer heat. Mine also seems to need lots of water to bloom well. Darcell Bushell is similar to MW (less double flowers, less intense color, only light fragrance), but the growth habit seems to be more uprigth, it repeats better and, IMHO, the foliage is better than MS.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 11:15AM
More Discussions
Help me choose a climbing rose please?
Here is my order..lol - I need a rose that is light...
gardenbug
Does Anyone Grow Rina Hugo?
This is a new rose in my garden, and one I'd never...
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
Osiria rose - slow grower?
Does anyone else have an Osiria? Mine is fairly new...
HollyKline
Have roses, need someone with shovel to take them home...
After the last garden move, I swore it wouldn't happen...
roseseek
Strawberry Hill
Hi everybody :) I'm thinking of buying Strawberry Hill....
rosecanadian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™