The BEST Rose Year...yet!

reemcook(8a PNW)September 15, 2012

Hi folks,

I am writing to thank you all for your expert advice on planting roses. As I explained in one of my previous posts, I lost about 40 roses due to an usual winter frost in Seattle about two years ago. I was really heartbroken. :(

This year, we had our backyard landscaped. I followed the instructions for planting/re-planting roses based on your suggestions. What a wonderful show of color it has been in our garden! All of the roses are healthier than ever. We planted the roses deeper in the soil and mercilessly pruned some of them. Every single rose has bloomed beautifully and they are thriving. Knock on (rose) wood!

I am a bit scared of the upcoming fall/winter season because of the past experience. But I have a feeling that they will survive the winter.

Thank you folks for imparting your expertise and knowledge with novice gardeners like me. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dublinbay z6 (KS)

What good news! We are happy for you, reemcook. Do you have some pics you could share with us? We love drooling over other posters' successes. : )

If you are in Zone 8, I don't see why you need to worry about winter. In my Zone 6, I never do anything to protect my roses in the winter except let Mother Nature blow some oak leaves from my neighbors' trees into my yard, quite randomly. So far, I have never lost a rose to winter.

Kate

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 8:09AM
More Discussions
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
New DA plants arrived!!
I got home from work yesterday and there was a big...
bethnorcal9
Candy Stripe questions...
After nursing this band from Rogue Valley along since...
nummykitchen
Climbing, spreading, purple roses?
Although I don't consider myself a rose aficionado,...
ilovegardening
Since this Forum is starting over again
I have an idea, lets post or locations and our Zones....
dan_keil_cr Keil
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™