Moderater!

bcskyeMarch 2, 2013

I went through the Search feature of this thread and every post I tried to open, I got the Pantene ad. The only way to get rid of the ad also cancels the post you are trying to open. Get rid of the Pantene. It is a major irritation that stops you from getting to what you're looking for!

Madonna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jvdubb(6)

I second this!!!

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 9:38PM
lilykit64(5)

Third !!!! This has gotten really annoying.

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 10:57PM
terrene(5b MA)

Hi guys, have you used the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page to report this problem too. There was a lot of spam on the Native plants forum a few weeks back, and I think there were several of us who reported it. It was actually gone in a pretty timely fashion!

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 11:56AM
gardeningwithlcgrace(7 Delaware)

The same happened to me the other day on the MidAtlantic forum.... I didn't contact GW at the time.. I'll have to try it again. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 3:54PM
ladyrose65

I had to attempt 3x's to login. The whole screen went Pantene! I guess this is going to be a pay site soon.

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 9:43PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

If you use Firefox with Adblock plus, it blocks those obnoxious ads.

Karen

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 10:20PM
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)

I agree with all the others. This is happening on this forum waaaaay too much. So much in fact, that I am not on here as much because I know I will be bombarded with unwanted ads like this. Just throwing it out and hope the powers at be listen to us. ladyrose65, I will NEVER pay for a garden forum site!

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 10:22PM
texasoiler2(Z6b)

I also quit looking and reading yesterday because of this pantene add. Get them off the site or at least fix it so they can't take over the forum

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 9:11AM
terrene(5b MA)

I use Firefox with Adblock + which works great to eliminate pop ups. It does sound annoying to hear about what people are seeing when they don't use a pop up blocker. I don't think people should have to jump through hoops to enjoy a reasonably normal browsing experience on a website! Hopefully it's a glitch and GW will get it fixed.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 12:24PM
caryltoo Z7/SE PA

This was happening to me on this site a few weeks ago, but it was another ad and I had to sit through the whole thing because there was no way to get rid of it till the end. My son activated an adblocker for me (I use firefox) and the problem went away.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 1:16PM
ladyrose65

I added the web blocker. See how it works.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 12:45AM
tepelus(6a SW MI)

Add an ad blocker to your browser. All of them have one you can download to block the annoying ads on all sites, though one or two might slip through from time to time. Do a search for "ad blocker + browser name" and you should find one.

Karen

Bookmark   March 12, 2013 at 2:28PM
More Discussions
Unknown seedling in with foxgloves
I planted foxgloves (digitalis), which are the small...
sandyslopes z5 n. UT
Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #1:
This is the first thread in the official Winter Sowing...
ladyrose65
Don't like new format
Hi everyone. I don't like the new format. Glad I've...
brightmoregirl
The thrill of the sprout
Just checked my containers and have two types of lettuce...
caryltoo Z7/SE PA
Help with sedum sprouts.
I posted on the succulent forum, but got no help. I...
docmom_gw Zone 5 MI
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™