What a funky year! And hello!

editornj(7 Coastal NJ)April 16, 2012

Hi, there,

I'm pretty sure this is my first time posting this year. My containers dried out so quickly from lack of rain, but some things went nuts, and are outgrowing their containers like squash... and I'm not ready for them!

Just hoping for some sympathy. And for the first time I have to explore starting containers NOW to make up for the ones that dried out before I could water them.

Happy sowing/planting. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beachgrub(4 northern michigan)

Hi edi! That totally stinks they dried up on you!! I've had to water quite a bit too, just finally getting some good rains here in the last couple days. At least you got some good squash plants to get your garden started. :)

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 11:06AM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

If I could only send you some of my rain. Our Spring has been so wet and cool, I'm behind on everything outdoors. My deck, pots, downspouts all have green algae on them and moss is everywhere. Weeding is done in bits and spurts, but nothing has been edged - I've got things I'd planned to divide and my ground too wet to spade. It's raining now and 48F at 8:45 in the morning, this won't be an outside day either.

I've got a little stack of seed packets on my desk of things that didn't require a chill still to sow, and an order I didn't need on its way from Gardens North - couldn't pass up their half-price April sale :(

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 11:45AM
ladyrose65

I'm like you editornj, I'm waiting for some MUCH needed Rain!!

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 10:20PM
More Discussions
easiest annuals to winter sow
so i have all my perennials out, and i'm beginning...
gardendaydreamer
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
Stopping by to say Hello
Hello to all the Winter Sowers I just dropped by to...
richdelmo
I may have overdone things a bit...
So... I split out my 1 gallon pot of Di Ciccio broccoli...
pugetsoundgardener
Annuals
Can you wintersow, Tithonia and Salvia now? I have...
bellarosa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™