My selections to go in the final beds this year

DrPekeMomDecember 28, 2013

Another Sexy Rexy (silly name for a lovely rose)
Sheer Bliss
Lyda Rose
Betty Boop
Auguste Renoir
French Perfume (I thought I had purchased this before, but what I have out there is a bright, pretty red rose with no fragrance. No clue what it is, but either I or the seller messed up)
Crown Princess Margareta (need a focal point for a bed next to a large statue )
Francois Rabelais
Mutabilis
Souvenir du President Carnot
Bouquet Parfait
Hurdy Gurdy
Stainless Steel
Bolero
and...though it it likely to end in tears,
Pope John Paul II

Wish me luck!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

It would be a great help if you could post a zone next to your name and also let us know approximately where you garden. I was happy to see Souvenir du President Carnot on your list since I grow and love it. Mutabilis is one of my favorites. I've heard great things about Bolero. Bouquet Parfait is a very pretty rose in all the pictures I've seen of it. Good luck with your new roses!

Ingrid

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 2:29PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

I can't wait to see pictures!!! Jumping the gun - but sounds like a lovely group of roses.
Carol

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 4:57PM
DrPekeMom

Sorry sorry sorry! I am in Zone 10, Sunset Zone 22. I garden in an 8000 square foot lot surrounding my elderly house in Los Angeles (in a neighborhood called West Adams.) I forget to fill that in.

I'm looking for the Bouqest Parfait to be a bit smaller, as that is going in the front of an existing border. These are small bands, so they are going to take a few years to get up to speed, but I am excited.

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 5:02PM
ken-n.ga.mts(7a/7b)

Put Stainless Steel in the middle of everything. It gets tall, not an extremely heavy bloomer but the blooms she puts out are flat-out beautiful. And they smell great. I've been growing it for a bunch of years and when it is in bloom everyone goes straight to it.

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 10:24PM
DrPekeMom

Thanks for the heads up, Ken-n.ga.mts!! I wouldn't have thought of Stainless Steel would get that big.

Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 12:09PM
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23

Ah, Ballin' Auguste! as he was known around here long ago. I didn't think that one was available any more. Dozens upon dozens upon dozens of buds that never opened, no matter what the weather. Had a heavenly scent and a s--tload of rust. May you have much better luck than I did.

'Francois Rabelais' is a winner, though. Most excellent disease resistance and never stingy, stays a reasonable size.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 12:06PM
buford(7 NE GA)

CPM is a great rose. I am also planning a new bed and she will be in the center on a pillar.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 5:18PM
More Discussions
Awesome Climber
This is a very popular spot to take photos in the San...
FriendsSJRoseGarden
Soaking a bareroot rose?
I've been wondering about the best way to prepare a...
sara_ann-z6bok
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
Strawberry Hill
Hi everybody :) I'm thinking of buying Strawberry Hill....
rosecanadian
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™