ID for seedlings

adidas(6/7)May 13, 2013

I've lost labels on 3 pots of seedlings...the first has seedlings w/2 stems. At first I thought they were 2 seedlings sown close together but now they're all coming up in this paired pattern. Could be viburnum, elderberry....? Could anyone tell me what kinds of plants/shrubs/trees come up like this?

Thank-you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adidas(6/7)

second pic.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 2:19PM
terrene(5b MA)

I have Elderberry reseeding in the back garden, but I'm not sure what the sprout looks like.

That is definitely 2 separate seedlings though, with 2 cotyledons.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 7:46PM
adidas(6/7)

I got it! You're right...2 seedlings...and they have to be Euonymus americanus! Those things stuck together when I was trying to sow them...I actually see a third seedling peeping out at the same spot as the other 2...I wonder how many more? I didn't do a very good job at this did I?! Anyway...thanks for jogging my little grey cells :)!

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 8:31PM
terrene(5b MA)

Congrats of Euonymous americanus sprouts! The fact that you're getting sprouts means you did something right, even if they're bunched together.

Even though I always try to sow the seeds evenly, they seem to get shifted around on the surface of the potting soil. It happens all the time, sometimes they even get shifted down the side of a container. I think it's from the rain or watering.

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
When to sow annuals?
Do you think it is a valid rule of thumb to use the...
smdmt
Stopping by to say Hello
Hello to all the Winter Sowers I just dropped by to...
richdelmo
Something to pull in more newbies :-)
Front yard in June: Vera, I finally found a pic of...
pitimpinai
promix ultimate potting mix for winter sowing?
Is this kind suitable for winter sowing, since it contains...
pink_petals
seeds already started?
I've started several seeds in paper cups and put in...
sorie6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™