newbie seed project report 2012-13

bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)May 2, 2013

Congratulations to everyone and thank you for a wonderful year with the Newbie Seed Project. This is a project of sheer benevolence and generosity - no expectations, just the joy of helping others. Much thanks to our 21 donors who gave anywhere from a few sozen packs to several hundred or thousand.

129 newbies received packs. Many received both veggies and flowers so, my estimate is that I sent out 200+ packs with 20-40 seed packs per newbie pack. We covered 49 states with California leading the way with 16 newbies. Ohio, Washington, Michigan, Pennsylvania and New York followed in second place.

Thank you again for the privilege of serving you. I can't wait to see what happens next year! Happy growing!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)

Bakemon, I am not a Newbie and not a recipient of the seeds from this project, but I would like to thank you and congratulate on the success of this projet. From the numbers you quoted, it was no small task. It is comforting to know that we have such kind, considerate, and helpful persons in our midst. Well done!!!

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 3:12AM
molanic(Zone 5 IL)

Bakemom, thanks for all your work on the project. I have been both a recipient and a donor. I will continue to donate every year I can because I know the excitement I had getting my first newbie package from you.

It must be a lot of work and I bet you were pulling your hair out over all the blocked e-mails. I don't know if it was you not being able to get people's e-mail address from their user page because of their settings, or your e-mails to them getting bumped back to you. Either way I imagine it was very frustrating. Thanks again for all your time spent on this. You have helped create many lifelong gardeners.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 6:32PM
docmom_gw Zone 5 MI(5)

So, Bakemom, are you hoping this project will continue to grow each year? Or are you thinking it might get to hectic for you? I think it is a wonderful service and a great contribution to the beauty and mental health of our world. So, I want to help support you in any way that I can. If you need anything, ie. stamps, small seed packs, address labels, envelopes, Sharpies, or whatever, let us know. I know you do this out of the deep goodness of your heart, and I don't want to take away any of your enjoyment. So, just remember that you have help available if you need it. You could even send any large donations to me if you need help separating into individual-sized packages.

Thanks again for all you do.

Martha

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 7:21AM
terrene(5b MA)

Hi Bakemom, what a wonderful project you have undertaken and congratulations on another successful year! Thank you for your kind and generous efforts to help newbies grow their veggies and flowers from seed. And WSing is the perfect complement!

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 10:19AM
resalesally(6B/7A)

I was a recipient last year and both recipient and donor this year. I would like to add that my packs this year contained none of what I donated. Awesome job!! Will donate again this coming year. Sally

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 10:35AM
gumneck 7A Virginia

Thanks Bakemon for all you do.
I received seeds for the first time last year (winter 2011-2012). This year I am seeing things that bloom the second year--foxglove, money plant and lupine--and am so excited to see the blooms. I am one of those folks who used to try to start seeds indoors and never did it right. So I am elated to have found this method and this forum with folks so helpful and giving. Bless you all!

Bookmark   May 11, 2013 at 8:35AM
More Discussions
seeds already started?
I've started several seeds in paper cups and put in...
sorie6
Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #2:
Game of Zone 2014-2015 Link:This is the continuation...
ladyrose65
Containers for winter sowing.
I have some clear plastic shoe boxes but they have...
hibiscusfan zone5-Northwest Ohio
Help please - I need a photo of milk jugs in snow
Hi everyone, I work for a non-profit organization and...
diggerdee zone 6 CT
Winter Sown Peppers (Tomatos)
I tried winter sowing last year for the first time...
midmented
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™