Connections

drippy(7bAL)June 9, 2013

Three years now in a yard in Alabama - these are coreopsis; descendants of the original coreopsis seeds that Trudi sent to me when I started wintersowing...11? years ago.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
docmom_gw Zone 5 MI(5)

I love having plants that represent bridges back to different chapters and different people in our lives. My family has a tradition of planting trees to mark significant milestones. I'm also a hospice doc, and I often get seeds from my patients' gardens. That way I have a piece of them with me forever, and they know they won't be forgotten.

Martha

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 11:30PM
terrene(5b MA)

When I receive a plant or some seeds from another gardener, neighbor, family member, etc., if I think of the plant I always think of the person too. For example, I am still growing the red Bee Balm (Monarda didyma) that my mother gave me 20 years ago because she thought it was too invasive in her garden and dug it all up. It reminds me of her, but also I love it because the hummingbirds go nuts over this bee balm. I would NEVER dig it all up! Over the years I've shared it with numerous other gardeners and hopefully they've enjoyed the hummingbirds too.

I think the connections through plants are cool!

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 10:39PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Can't believe you have been there three years! Seems just last year you were moving in and starting your new beds. Great to see the results of those three years and how they bring back thoughts of those early winter sowing days. I am anticipating the bloom of the peony from my grandma's garden.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
When to sow annuals?
Do you think it is a valid rule of thumb to use the...
smdmt
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
Trying again after 10 years..
Hollyhocks, hibiscus, yarrow, delphinium, lychinis,...
CEFreeman_GW
Milk Cartons (not plastic jugs)
Can I use milk cartons for winter sowing or is the...
luigiwu
Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #2:
Game of Zone 2014-2015 Link:This is the continuation...
ladyrose65
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™