Nine Newbie Packs for SASBE

bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)October 30, 2011

I have nine newbie packs ready to go. Each kit has at least 15 seed packs - my choice. I also have three veggie packs with at least 10 packs of seeds. You can get one or both - just include a note with your sasbe.

I ask for a sasbe and recommend 4 stamps for the return trip - five stamps if you are getting flowers and veggies. If you don't have a bubble mailer, I will provide one. Just send a mailing label and the correct number of stamps. This is a 24 hour turnaround - most packs go out in a few hours.

Remember, this project is made possible by all our generous donors, and more donations are coming in and will do so through the spring. You can send for another pack in the spring, as the offerings will contain different kinds of seeds.

You are a newbie if you are new to gardening, growing from seed, winter sowing, or would like to try new things. It's up to you. Keep in mind, many of the seeds are basic - some are named, but most are not.

Post here. Do not privately email me. The posts go to my email and that is how I keep count. This is the first of many offerings, so if it fills up, just wait. If you don't want a certain seed, feel free to trade it away - this is not a sacred trust.

I deal with volume, and some packs are pretty, some are not. So far the seeds donated look great...I include many from my own gardens. This is a fun philanthropy for me and I ask for nothing in return. It's nice to hear how the seeds worked out and it encourages others to participate.

Gardening is fun - have it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
puffie(6)

I'm not new to gardening, but this will be my first winter trying wintersowing. I'd love a seed pack! I moved into a new house so I'm starting from scratch when it comes to the garden, too.

Thanks!!

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 1:50PM
tomerrol(z7atn)

Bakemom, I guess you could tell I'm a newbie by all the questions I have ask everyone about ws and seeds! I would love the flower and veggie pack
thank you and everyone
Tom

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 6:01PM
garlicgoddess(Z8 Seattle)

Oh, I can't resist. I'll take one of the flower seeds packets. I'll send you a bubble pack with some seeds I'm donating, and you can return it with the variety pack.

Thank you Karen!
Cheryl

Bookmark   October 31, 2011 at 1:56AM
TraceyOKC(7)

Hi Bakemom, I would love some flower seeds and the veggies too. I am going to send some flower seeds to you as I am getting a little quantity built up of the 2 or 3 common flowers I have growing in my flower beds now.

I am excited by the wintersowing, b/c seeds have always fascinated me. Over and over, I have tried to grow from seed in the house and barely get a single plant.

Thanks!
Tracey

Bookmark   November 1, 2011 at 7:48AM
blessed_garden(8)

Hello, I would like to take you up on this nice offer.
I am trying to figure out how to find your address to send the stamps to.

Thank You

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 5:37PM
mashman(5b Boston, MA)

I would be extremely grateful to receive a newbie pack. I am new to winter sowing and would love to try any seeds you have. Let me know address to send SASBE and I will get it to you right away.

Thanks for all your efforts. Very much appreciated.

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 7:50PM
moonwolf_gw

I'll take a flower seed packet as well! This is my second year winter sowing but there are so many flowers I haven't tried yet :). Ooh I can't wait for them! Yes, let us know your address to send our stamps and envelopes to and we'll get them to you!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 1:40PM
Claudia R

Bakemom,
I'm new this year to gardening, and I've also never winter sown. I'd love to participate in this if there is still a chance. I'd love both flower and veggie seeds. I'll be more than glad to send you SASBE and a few donations of my own. Thank you kindly!
Claudia

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 7:11PM
tomerrol(z7atn)

Bakemom, I received my veggie/flower seed today. lots and lots of nice seed. thank you and thank all the people that donated seed. God willing , next year I hope to be a big donater of seed.
thanks again
Tom

Bookmark   November 5, 2011 at 5:13PM
katkni(4)

It looks like there were 8 takers on this offer - is there one left? If so, I would be interested. I'll include donations in my outgoing bubble envelope.
Thanks!

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 6:24PM
janaInCo(4 - 7400ft)

I would LOVE to e included in the newbie offer! I found this forum thru WinterSown.org, and since we have such llllooooonnnnnggggg winters here, I am extremely interested in starting a project!!

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 8:06PM
clipnsave(5)

Bakemom, I am a newbie and would appreciate a seed pack. Please let me know where to send my envelope. Thank you!

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
Annuals
Can you wintersow, Tithonia and Salvia now? I have...
bellarosa
I'm using Clothier's Seed Germination Chart, is there one for Veggies?
Morz8 kindly pointed me in the direction of Clothier's...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Extreme cold predicted and my seeds have sprouted
I have WS cabbage sprouting here in Zone 7, but Sunday...
coffeehaus
Help please - I need a photo of milk jugs in snow
Hi everyone, I work for a non-profit organization and...
diggerdee zone 6 CT
Question about cold treatment?
It's late to put some seed out that needs a longer...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™