To sow or not to sow....
I have a somewhat checkered history of growing from seeds and decided to give winter-sowing-in-containers a whirl...well, I think I've already created a mess and it's not even Halloween yet!
Some seeds I have, for example, magnolias (variety of wild types) and Lindera benzoin (spicebush) seeds were supposed to require stratification and were supposed to be sown immediately for best germ rates....well, some of these have germinated (I guess no one told them to stay put til spring). I think I can put them in a non-heated area of the house so they don't freeze...will they be ok?
I'm also wondering what would happen if I sowed some Chelone glabra and Asclepias in containers now? My days are in the 60s and nights in 30-40s. These seeds require strat, too, I think. Would they stay ungerminated til the spring? Should I wait til Dec? I'd rather do some now because I can spread the work of sowing over a couple of months. Would this be ok?
Thanks for ANY input!