~*~ WinterSwap 2012~*~

sassybutterfly_2008(7 NorthWest GA)October 25, 2012

So... who's ready for WinterSwap 2012 to begin?!?! :)

It's getting cooler... I've had uncontrollable urges to hoard 2liters and milk jugs, midnight checks of the neighbor's recyling bin and the neighbor's neighbor's bin and.. (you get the idea...) and just about any ol' thing that might hold dirt thru the winter. Yep, it's about that time.... :)

I will post this year's swap details on Halloween. Last year we had a great number of participants, an amazing number of seeds sent in to share, and I'd love to see even more of you join in this year if possible. Newbies are definitely welcome! There's always PLENTY to share!

Details coming soon!

~Sassyb.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6(Indiana Zone 5/6)

I was just poking around on the forum last night looking to see if where was anything about this year's Swap. How exciting!

I'm ready!

Indiana.Matt
Matthew

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 9:44PM
ladyrose65

What is a Winter Swap? How is it different from what Bakemom is doing or seed trading forum?

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 12:57AM
molanic(Zone 5 IL)

Ladyrose, here is the link to last year's swap information. It was really an excellent swap and I imagine it will be the same this year!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wtrsow/exch101251202327.html?122

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 4:30PM
daisydawnny(5)

Don't have a lot of collected seed, Tornado wiped out the garden, have store bought seed....I need to swap so I can re plant. Now we have Frankenstorm hitting....ugh!

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 9:08PM
sassybutterfly_2008(7 NorthWest GA)

Daisydawnny ~ how did you fare in the storm? I hope all is well with you Ladyrose ~ hopefully molanic's link to last year's swap answered any questions? If not, just let me know! :)

Everyone received quite a nice amount of seeds last year, whether you were a full-fledged swapper or a newbie that was gifted with a 'garden'. :)

I am posting this year's swap info right now.

~Sassyb.

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 7:11AM
daisydawnny(5)

Good morning Sassybutterfly. The storm did not hit as hard here as expected....thank goodness. Took a quick look at the new greenhouse and it seems all my preperation measures helped it weather the storm. (that is where I prep and plant my wintersown containers instead of making a huge mess in the kitchen).

Looking forward to the swap, I will see what I can come up with. I definately have the itch!!!!!! I have to find some potting soil while the stores may still have it. Got water jugs stashed under my desk at work as I type, lol.

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 9:12AM

Good Morning everyone!!

The WinterSwap is getting off to a slow start and I would love to welcome anyone who is interested to stop by and think about joining in. Everyone last year received an abundance of seeds back, most much more than what they sent in. I'd love to encourage all the 'newbies' to join up as we are ALL seed enablers and we would LOVE to help you get started with a nice start-up package to get you winter sowing this year!!

If anyone is interested in donating only for the newbie WS packages, you are welcome to do that as well. Just send me an email and let me know and we'll get the details sorted out.

I've extended the DUE BY date to December 3rd so no one is rushed to put together a swap package before or during the Thanksgiving holidays. Come on over and join us! We'll be starting our first game on Monday!! :)

Sassyb.

Here is a link that might be useful: ~*~ WinterSwap 2012 ~*~

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 7:44AM

Daisydawnny and Indiana.Matt ~ I need you to come on over to the link above and 'officially' sign up! :)

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 7:47AM
More Discussions
Brrrrr! Pretty cold out there, too cold?
I just started winter sowing and have my first containers...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Milk Cartons (not plastic jugs)
Can I use milk cartons for winter sowing or is the...
luigiwu
Trying again after 10 years..
Hollyhocks, hibiscus, yarrow, delphinium, lychinis,...
CEFreeman_GW
easiest annuals to winter sow
so i have all my perennials out, and i'm beginning...
gardendaydreamer
Extreme cold predicted and my seeds have sprouted
I have WS cabbage sprouting here in Zone 7, but Sunday...
coffeehaus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™