Dusty Miller

pippi21(Z7 Silver Spring, Md.)November 3, 2011

Has anyone been successful in wintersowing dusty miller seeds? I usually buy the starter plants from the local garden center/nursery. I kept one of the dusty miller plants from 2010 and it doesn't seem to grow any larger but stays healthy and survived the winter, hot summer, etc.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbe_wa

I've wintersown dusty miller successfully, and they are still alive and kicking after 3 years.

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 10:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aliska12000(Z5)

It's an annual here so I don't want to bother with it any more unless I make up a planter. I didn't winter sow it and don't know if mine small plant will make it through the winter, but I got Artemesia Silver Lace which looks pleasing and short, possibly trails.

I let my only order of plants this year sit all summer in their cell packs so my ASL might not make it. One died right after I got it in the ground. The third I gave to my daughter.

I do like the grayish green for contrast in planted areas. Plants in that category are the ASL, your dusty miller (it is pretty and lacy), lamb's ears (maybe?), cerastium, can't think of any others.

Bookmark   November 4, 2011 at 12:04AM
More Discussions
Question about cold treatment?
It's late to put some seed out that needs a longer...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Brrrrr! Pretty cold out there, too cold?
I just started winter sowing and have my first containers...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
Can I really, really wintersow tomatoes?
I wintersowed in my old garden for several years and...
nonconformist_nymphette
Annuals
Can you wintersow, Tithonia and Salvia now? I have...
bellarosa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™