off topic - need technical assistance

dorothy4981December 27, 2010

A few weeks ago some folks were having difficulty getting into the Exchange Forum. Apparently someone was able to get technical assistance. I have been trying for several weeks to change my email address to no avail. I have sent messages through the usual contact source. Any suggestions.

BTW I also tried to register using a different name and could not accomplish this either.

Dorothy M (Meadows)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenweed_z6a

Dorothy - did you use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page? It's the last link, center of your screen, in the green ribbon at the bottom of each page. I used that when I was having trouble a couple weeks ago and not only did they get the problem resolved within minutes, they sent me a confirmation/apology email to let me know I could try again.

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 3:58PM
terrene(5b MA)

Coincidentally, I just contacted GW admin this afternoon regarding this very issue. I changed my email address about 6 months ago and the change worked fine. With the new login system, it has changed back to my old email address! On top of that, I tried to send myself an email and it didn't go through to the old address. I also have to put my zone in manually every time I post!

This is all getting really annoying. If my email doesn't work, I can't do a seed offer on the seed exchange, nor receive emails from other GWers.

I can't offer any advice other than to use "Contact Us" and alert them.

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 5:30PM
dorothy4981

Thanks for your suggestions - Apparently my updates did go through as they are showing properly now.

One last nagging problem to go ...
get my rear in gear and winter sow!

Dorothy M

Bookmark   December 29, 2010 at 8:11PM
More Discussions
Winter Sown Peppers (Tomatos)
I tried winter sowing last year for the first time...
midmented
Winter sowing in cold frame?
Has anyone used a cold frame for winter sowing?
lmconne
Can I really, really wintersow tomatoes?
I wintersowed in my old garden for several years and...
nonconformist_nymphette
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
Newbie question. Would this work?
I have a really large clear plastic bag that I could...
christacharlene
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™