Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you post pictures, read this

Posted by gerry_wyomingpa z6 NEPA (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 12, 06 at 0:09

A link to the discussion on one of the other forums on the new TOS.

You will no longer own YOUR photos OR ANYTHING on your PERSONAL linked sites.

Here is a link that might be useful: important

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you post pictures, read this

Thanks

o

Gerry - as long as we participate in the Internet, we run that risk. If the risk is too great, then one needs to not participate. We don't OWN this website. Most don't even pay a thing for it. We don't get to make the rules. That is the reality of life.

o

I know...the "public" nature of it makes it hard. It seems like it is just "us" sometimes, but it is the internet. I don't post anything here that I would mind the *entire world* seeing....

o

"Seeing" is one thing; everyone who posts expects it to be seen. However, "owning" is another. People don't automatically assume that if they post a photo of their latest garden trinket that they no longer "own" the rights to their own photo...

o

There is a new place for discussing this topic, In it's TOS it specifically states that the person who posts the picture has their absolute rights to it.

It's much better arranged than here too. Easy to find specific topics, post pictures and generally better all around I think. Because it's so new there are not many postings but it's growing daily.

Take a look I think folks who use this garden web forum will like this one too, maybe more. One can't have tooo many places to have fun can they LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: A New Place

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here