Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elljays

Source for cast stone fountains?

elljays
17 years ago

We are hoping to get a cast stone fountain for our garden this spring. I haven't seen any...only the fiberglass ones. Any great resources that you've found for fountains/statuary that you'd like to share?

Comments (17)

• neetsiepie
    17 years ago

Have you contacted your local garden centers and independent nurseries? Many times they'll stock concrete fountains. The big box stores all carry resin or fiberglass now (weight constraints make it more cost effective for them to do this).

There should be some statuary outfits in your area...have you tried a yellow pages search? To ship a stone fountain will cost a small fortune, so you're better off looking for a local company.

However, Design Toscano offers some stone fountains, they've got a website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fountains

• elljays
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for your response. Our local garden centers only have fiberglass. Maybe I should have asked for manufacturers...then I could work backwards and find the dealers. I don't mind driving to get something if I know it's there, but I need to find out where to go.

• piper101
    17 years ago

ELLJAYS - I don't know where you are located but this past weekend I went looking for fountains,,,anyway for cast stone there is a company called Campaniainternational.com,,Campania is the co. anyway go their website and you can ask them where dealers are in your area...I was at this place called California Yardware and they had links to fountain manuf.,,,so search on this place (I don't know website addr off hand),,also look at potteretc.com,,,they are in CA but I think they also had links,,,I did this huge search this past week,,I remember a co. in TN and one in PA that do cast stone fountains but don't remember the names,,,,keep looking,,you will find,,I did. I'm just looking for the rock bottom price for what I want.

• elljays
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, piper101. I sent a request for dealer info. Hopefully there will be a dealer nearby.

• bremboabc123
    16 years ago

I am the new owner of New England Statuary and have quite an inventory of cast stone fountains and other garden accents. I also have access to manufacturers who sell only to wholesale. Send me an email with your location and I might be able to help you find a local dealer.

• elljays
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bremboabc123, sorry I didn't see your response...for some reason it didn't get e-mailed to me. I live in the Columbus, OH area.

• piper101
    16 years ago

Bremboabc123 - Do you know anyone in so. California (greater LA area) that has fountains like Campania Intl (Palazzo Urn Fountain) #FT-30??? I'm loving that!! But $1700 I was quoted for that one was a bit steep for me and you know how it is when you see "the" one. A competitor would be fine. Thanks, Nicole nicole24252@cox.net

• coastal_concepts
    16 years ago

There are a number of fountain dealers available - it all depends on your location and your budget. If you are looking for some high end options you can try the link posted below however you will need a professional installer to get most of them in.

Cheers

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: water fountain and cast stone dealer

• elljays
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Steve! What a great website!

• bluesalsa
    16 years ago

Here are two manufacturers that Roger's Garden's in Newport Beach, CA carry.

Giannini Fountains
    http://www.gianninigarden.com/Page%203.htm

Campania international, Inc.
    http://www.campaniainternational.com/

• bluesalsa
    16 years ago

Here's one more listed on another thread.

http://www.henristudio.com/home.html

• elljays
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for the info, bluesalsa!
    Backyardescapes, I'm not at all familiar with Georgia...I'm from Ohio!

• megajas
    16 years ago

I was looking around and found an online site that has a lot of really cool garden stuff and made to order cast stone fountains ... go to statue.com

-Bonnie

• green-zeus
    16 years ago

....and if you want to make your own for about $120, go to The Family Handyman April 2007. They have an article on how to cast a column with a comcrete ball on the top of it--the water bubbles up out of the top of the ball and down it and the column.

• gardencenter1
    16 years ago

There are many suppliers of cast stone in the U.S. Henri Studio, Massarellies along with Compania that you have already been given. The best in my opinion is Al's Garden art. You can go to their website at alsgardenart.com and plug in your zip code to get a local distributor. Good luck in your hunt.

• columbusgardener
    15 years ago

Ellyjays - there are great stone masons in Zanesville - I was thrown by your zone - I live in columbus ohio as well and have always been considered a 5 maybe a 6 -

• columbusgardener
    15 years ago

Ellyjays - I thought I wrote these as well, deMonyes, Oakland and Strader all have some form of cast fountains. There is a place just north of Col. on 23 as well that has a whole business based on cast store statuary and such

Sponsored