Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathy_in_the_garden

Incredible garden gnome

I found this cute little garden gnome and just have to share him with others. He's not like most garden shop gnomes, he's really detailed and his face is so alive that I find him so remarkable. I moved him inside for the winter as a paper weight on my desk and I just keep looking at him. I named him Donald Jr. after my husband who thinks that I want another child - nope, I'll keep Jr. around, he's much easier to take care of!!!!

Here's his picture in my garden last summer: http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/cathy_lawrence/DonaldJr.jpg

Comments (18)

• gardener64
    17 years ago

Love the gnome, here is a pic of mine
    I have 6 total now!!

• cathy_in_the_garden
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The picture didn't load up that you posted but still curious where you got yours from. Mine was made in Germany by the grandson of the originator of the garden gnome. I got it from a place called Zwergli Gomes who has a nice web site showing how they are made. www.zwerglignomes.com

I'm still amazed at how life-like this little guy is. I like having him here in the house to keep me company. I know, I'm silly.

• chickencollecter
    17 years ago

That is an adorable gnome! I'm a gnome person, and have collected for the garden over the years.

Be Safe, Rach

• natalie4b
    17 years ago

For all you Gnome people: Dollar Tree Store is having your favorite creatures at 25 cents each! Figurines, stepping stones, garden picks, etc. Great deal! And they are cute! I am a new proud Mama of 4 :-).
    Hope there is a store in your area. Come and adapt some.

• gardener64
    17 years ago

here are mine again, there are 4 statues, one in a wahtub and way to the left is one sleeping in my log holder

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u255/gardener64/gnomes/?action=view&current=frontyard.jpg

• Calamity_J
    17 years ago

Pic didn't come thru....I have been drooling over a t-shirt that says "Hanging with My Gnomies" but just can't justify paying $22 for a gardening shirt!

• gardener64
    17 years ago

Can't get pics to load
    but calamity Kohls had those T's and I do not think they were that expensive

• evilgnome
    13 years ago

Hey there, anybody who loves garden gnomes should head over to gnomegnation.com. It's the first garden gnome dedicated forum on the web!!

• susieq07
    13 years ago

I have 6 gnomes also, would luv to see the above, no link for me to click however??

• dougmac3684
    13 years ago

I love the gnome! Great detail. I have 7 gnomes and 4 gargoyles watching over the garden. I found some at yard sales and others on the internet, always looking for something unique.

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb

• aikenjones11
    13 years ago

Nice one ... I like this...

• pukis22
    10 years ago

lovely happy garden gnomes looks beautiful in any garden...

• arcy_gw
    10 years ago

At last count I think I have 14. They are shy guys and are now hidden under, among, around the hosta in my one acre shade garden. I just read one poster found them scary. Said she prefers the miniature variety. Compared to most things in my garden, I would call all my gnomes pretty small.

• PRO
    Garden Gnome Removal inc.
    8 years ago

GARDEN GNOMES STRIVE FOR
    WORLD DOMINATION! For decades we have been lured by their harmless
    appearance and thus allowed them to infiltrate our homes. Now a takeover
    is very close at hand. Underneath the lawns and gardens of the
    world, they have constructed huge facilities for weaponry and advanced
    training. At least 95% of all unexplained violent deaths worldwide are
    in fact the works of Gnome stormtroopers evaluating weapons and tactics.
    The United Nations, Nato and The World Bank are completely under
    Gnome control at this point. Also the global warming problem is the
    work of Gnomes. Gnomes are resilient to climate changes. They secretly
    burn vast amounts of crude oil and chemicals in remote locations
    throughout the world in order to ruin human health. This also explains
    the oil shortage. The economy crisis, the conflicts in the Middle
    East, the Russian military rearmament e.t.c., are merely cover-ups
    constructed by the Gnomes in order to distract the world's attention
    from their sinister plan. Garden Gnomes will be the end of life as we
    know it unless we take immediate action! SPREAD THE WORD! GARDEN
    GNOMES ARE EVIL AND MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS!

• arcy_gw
    8 years ago

I have mostly reduced my gnomes from 15 down to only a few BUT I just "inherited" these guys. They are about two and a half feet tall and if you look closely you can tell they are actually 2/7 of " The 7 Dwarves"!! Soo fun!!

• PRO
    Now Laugh
    7 years ago

Anyone who loves Pulp Fiction will love this garden gnome.

• robbertvhbolscher
    7 years ago

The Pulp Fiction is very cool! These days you can find really cool "Game Of Gnomes" Garden Gnomes as well.