Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a tall heavy iron plant hanging rack like this

Posted by GreenDreamhome Zone 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 16:25

Attached is a photo of a tall, heavy, iron multi-hook free-standing plant/display stand that I saw at the Desert Botanical Gardens gift shop. They don't know where their corporate office bought it, and the corporate office won't return my calls. I really need something very heavy and sturdy like this to hang my tomatoes. I have been searching the Internet for days, including Google image searches, and have found nothing. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a tall heavy iron plant hanging rack like this

This probably is custom made. I would check with a local ironsmith who makes ornamental iron doors, window guards, decorative fences, and possibly furniture items. This has the feel of a standing coat rack with inward curled hooks. I would take the picture to them and see if they can recreate it for you in the dimensions you need. Also, they should be able to deliver it straight to your home, saving you all sorts of grief as ironwork is usually very heavy.

o

I forgot to update this post to say that I found it! It wasn't custom made. I never found out the manufacturer, but my local nursery had one that they had been using to display a ton of decorative items. I had never noticed it before because I hadn't spent time in that section of the nursery. When they rearranged that area and removed all of the display items, I saw it! The nursery owner said she wasn't sure they were going to use it anymore, so she sold it to me!

o

Wonderful news and smart of you to ask.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here