Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debraintexas

Looking for Pot People pattern...

debraintexas
21 years ago

I have seen pics of "pot people" and "pot animals" in the garden. I would like to make some. Anyone have a pattern or instructions?

Comments (96)

• Lori_centraltx
    20 years ago

If at all possible I would really like to have a copy of the pot people and animal designs. I would be happy to pay for the copy, or you can email it to me .
    Thank you so much, Lori
    nunke@vvm.com

• plantwife
    20 years ago

Okla_gal,

I too would love to get a copy of the book. Please email me to: Celestialchild32@aol.com. I will send you postage & copying fees. PLMK

Carline

• ricehouse
    20 years ago

I would like to have the patterns e-mailed to me also.Thanks for the help.

• dmelcer2
    20 years ago

Several patterns of pot people and clay pot creations can be found at
    http://www.angelfire.com/nm/soap/craftprojectlinks.html
    Along with links for TONS of other craft projects. Scroll down till you come to the clay pots section. I'd also love a copy of the book if anyone is still passing it on. Thanks,Dorothy

Here is a link that might be useful: Crafts Project Link

• enpi
    20 years ago

I would love to receive the patterns if they are still available - lmsp_2000@hotmail.com
    thanks

• cheyjohn
    20 years ago

I would also love a copy of those patterns please! cheyscrafts@removesbcglobal.net Just remove the word remove before sending :)

Chey

• sycamoreorless
    20 years ago

Try mrpotman.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Mr. Potts

• Annie_Potts
    20 years ago

There is a new product that is coming out in the market called Annie's Bag of Bones... it is used for making clay pot people...You can make a complete person in 15 minutes or less using this kit... it works with 6" pots for legs and 4" pots for the arms 10" pots for body and 8" pot for head...this kit comes with "bones and discs" and all you do is place on a pot, snap on a disc and place on another pot... link the bones together and there is the beginning to your Potts Family... take a look at one at claypotpeople.com

Here is a link that might be useful: claypotpeople.com

• Annie_Potts
    20 years ago

Another link to those bones.... is anniesbagofbones.com

Here is a link that might be useful: anniesbagofbones.com

• Mishollyhock
    20 years ago

The book from Marshall's Pottery can be ordered by calling 1-888-768-8721, ext. 10. It's $6.99 plus $1 for shipping.

Barbara

• anniepans
    20 years ago

Hi, I am looking for some nice sites on ' how to make pot people' out of clay pots, any suggestions would be appreciated.

• klynnnn
    20 years ago

Annie...

Here's a couple of sites for you:

Pot People at the Homestore

Pot Poeple at HGTV

SouthernLiving.com had/has a great pot people instruction page, but they're now a "passworded" site and my subscription has run out so I don't have the access code (if you have a current issue, there's a temporary access code in it)

K :)

• CarolnWbg
    20 years ago

Here is the late Miss Potts. She and I had an accident with a garden hose last summer and she will have to be replaced. She is sorely missed

Here is a link that might be useful: Miss Potts

• CarolnWbg
    20 years ago

This little guy is another approach since he is made of plastic hanging basket pots. It just takes four pots glued and wired together. He has sand in his bottom to keep him upright. The pots are spray painted and trimmed with acrylic paint. He is outside for his third winter and is holding up well. The chair, however, has to be spray painted each spring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pot Snowman

• anniepans
    20 years ago

thank you all for your suggestions on 'pot pals' I found a few that I thought were cute, now it just needs to warm up in my shed and off to work I will go, thanks.

• hailie419
    20 years ago

Anyone who could share the PotPeople Pattern with me ??? I would love to have it!! Thanks Wendy tilor@aol.com

• fbdbfh
    20 years ago

Would love coppies myself If anyone has them still available please let me know!! Will pay for copy's and postage.

Thank again
    fbdbfh
    aka Cheri

• flowerfloosey
    20 years ago

Is anyone willing to share the patterns for the pot people? I am more than willing to send postage etc!
    Thanks!
    Happy Spring to come!!!
    retro1@earthlink.cet

• maac
    20 years ago

Hi I would love to get this book, if anyone is willing to share with me. Please email me thanks in advance.

alissa

• yacheryl
    20 years ago

These are the 2 I love the most.
    They are not mine, but a picture I had seen on "Junk" a while back.
    I made mine from Walmart's plastic pots
    so I could use screws to hold them together.........cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: pot couple

• esgm2
    20 years ago

IÂve got a couple pot people in my yard, that are in need of pets. Are there any cats in that wonderful book from Marshalls, and is there any way to still get a copy??

• swhitener
    19 years ago

If at all possible I would really like to have a copy of the pot people and animal designs. I would be happy to pay for the copy, or you can email it to me .
    Thank you so much. swwhitener@hotmail.com

• BDnBAMA
    19 years ago

Some of you may have already seen Miss Pots but here she is again. She is made entirely of clay pots, even her head & hat. She now resides in the yard. Betty
    Click for the big pic:
    {{gwi:652}}

• shaybass
    19 years ago

Okla_gal
    I know this was an old posting. but would it still be possible to get copies of the patterns in the book you have from Marshall's.
    I am new at all this and at this website. And the snowman sounds fantastic. I am a great Holiday decorator!! And would love to have one in my yard for Christmas!!
    Please, please, please.
    Thanks, Sharon

• Jaxxchica
    19 years ago

I was wondering if anyone still was sending out the patterns for the pot people and animals. I would send postage and if need be have a copier, would make extra copies for anyone else that would want them.

Deb

• Yarm
    19 years ago

if the pot people patterns can still be sent by email, i'd love to have a copy...
    me123@cox.net
    thanks!!!!!!!

• going2ark
    19 years ago

If anyone is still doing the pot people patterns by email, I'd really like a copy also. I have some great sedum that would look wonderful for hair!! Thanks. joycetitus@sentco.net

• Jaxxchica
    19 years ago

Is anyone still sending out copies of this book? If so how does one get a copy.

Thanks

• virginous
    19 years ago

Hi,
    May I have a copy of the pot people book as well? I'd love to try making a couple if anyone is still sending out by email.
    Thanks in advance.
    Virginia

• suzyqute
    19 years ago

I too am begging for patterns for PotPeople and dog or cat.
    I'd be happy to send a SASE, or can be emailed at sdwyerlpn@yahoo.com
    Thanks in advance to any -all who can assist
    SuzyQ

• shaybass
    19 years ago

I ordered 2 of the Pot people pamphlets from Marshall Pottery (903-938-9201):

#1)Variety of Characters: Cowboy/girl, Indian, Pilgrims, Chef, Clown, Graduates, and Uncle Sam;

#2) Christmas and Halloween Designs: Mr/Mrs Santa, Nutcracker, Angel, Snowman, Soldier, Witch, Scarecrow.

The books are $6.99@ and the shipping is reasonable and quick. The books give the face and detail patterns and the painting instructions also which is alot of help.

I just talked to Marshall's, they only carry the Holiday Designs book now, they don't carry any of the others.

Hope this helps.
    Sharon

• Happy2BeeME
    18 years ago

Hello everyone,

I have a copy of the book from Marshall Pottery Okla_gal was so kind to send me. If any one would like a copy send me an e-mail with your address....I am more than happy to send them.

If my memory serves me right they are not just the holiday patterns.

Karyn

Karenbennett@metrocast.net

• pdiddyiles
    18 years ago

There are dozens of projects with instructions at http://www.michaels.com/art/online/search?search=yes&type=0amp;keywords=clay+pots including bugs, fountains, snow villages, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Michael's Projects

• dleschber
    18 years ago

Just joined this site and I am really interested in these pot people. If anyone could email me a pattern. My garden bench would look great with these characters on it.

Thanks

• bootscootengal2
    18 years ago

howdy okla gal

former okie here from lawton.where in okla r u? now just outside ft worth in a "little" town....lol. can i still get a copy of the book??????????pleaseeeee

thanks
    joyce

• pattywack36
    18 years ago

this is for okla_gal please let me know if you will mail me this book i will pay for it and the mailing .thanks pat

• smelltheroses
    17 years ago

I am searching for a pattern for a lady pot person for my garden. Please email me at momgertner@aol.com if you have a pattern or a link for a pattern. Thanks,
    Cathy

• kit10n
    17 years ago

would love the instructions for the pot people, if someone doesnt mind passing it along..thanks :)
    kit10n@hotmail.com

• cfb123
    17 years ago

Here's a good source of information on making pot people:

Here is a link that might be useful: Terra Cotta Pot People

• char_ok
    16 years ago

I am looking for a pattern to make a large toy soldier or any other large holiday people. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

• lasue
    15 years ago

Hi, I would like the pattern for the pot people also, if it isn't too late. Please e-mail at pmg2228@yahoo.com

• tbledsaw
    14 years ago

Attached is a website that I used as the basis for my pot woman {{gwi:653}}
    Instead of using nylon rope, I used a flexible metal wire, and instead of tying large knots, I tied the wire around various nuts, bolts, screws and washers.
    I'm still searching for golashes to complete her look :o)
    Freecycle on Yahoo is a great place to get pots & other items you need for the project! :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Terra Cotta Pot People

• proudmary56
    14 years ago

I would love the instructions also. Please. proudmary503@hotmail.com Thanks so much. Mary

• gimpytwice
    14 years ago

May I have a copy of your patterns too?pretty please,thank you,gimpytwice

• proudmary56
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for the thread. I also tried pot people and nothing. I will try people and see what comes up.

• prpllady46
    14 years ago

I did not see my post so am unsure if it actually was posted. This is my first & second time posting. I would greatly appreciate the instructions from the marshall pottery book if anyone still has a copy.
    thank you. my email is lcgamka@gmail.com
    I'm willing to pay for a copy.

• sandy97
    13 years ago

Okla_gal
    I would like a copy of your book also, if it's not to late. My email is sandyworld54@aol.com. Thanks

• jkl1977
    7 years ago

Okla_gal

I would love to have copies of the book if possible. My email is jklvanc@yahoo.com. Thank you very much---really interested in the kids on porch and the snowman if you can't send them all.

• Joanna King
    7 years ago

If copies of this book is still being available, I would appreciate a copy. @okla_gal

Joannamking1@gmail.com

Sponsored