Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Pot People pattern...

Posted by Debraintexas z7TX (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 03 at 18:25

I have seen pics of "pot people" and "pot animals" in the garden. I would like to make some. Anyone have a pattern or instructions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Pot People pattern...

• Posted by elainek central Florida (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 22, 03 at 21:31

Was this what you meant?

http://craftsbyjillian.hypermart.net/page14.html

Elaine in Florida

o

Are you looking for the "people" made out of stacks of clay pots? I have a couple different links for those ideas depending on what it is you are looking for.

This link is for patterns for painted pot characters that can be made for the yard... like people and a rabbit, etc. You can check them out at: http://www.thepainterswarehouse.com/potspring1.htm

The other link below shows a man and woman on a garden bench that are great ideas. The directions for making them are not there but they give directions for making smaller ones for a centerpiece to give you the general idea. Although when making the larger life-size ones I know the plaster is not used. The larger ones are made by running wire or rope through the holes of the pots to connect them together and using knots, washers or beads at the holes to keep them in the position on the rope that you want them. Also notice the different directions the pots are facing. That shows that you can position them any way that you want to get the effect that you want. At least these pics give you two great ideas for assembling your own pot characters in the yard. See if this is what you are looking for:

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Pot Pals

o

To followup on my question, yes, it's a "person" made out of stacked terracotta pots. I made a fellow sitting on a old chair...didn't really know what I was doing. I named him "Herbie" since he is sitting in my herb garden. I would like to make a pot "dog" to sit at his feet. Any patterns for dogs? After I made mine, someone said I should have used marine adhesive since it is weather-proof. There were several photos in Southern Living a number of years ago, but no instructions. That's where I got my idea.

o

I use to have a book that only had pot people in it. I bought it at Marshall pottery. Email me so I won't forget and I'll find it and copy it for you. There is even a snowman made from big azalea pots that's about 4 ft. tall.

o

HI,
I would dearly love to have these patterns also. If you would email me and I will send a SASE.

TIA,
Jean(email addy is on my page)

o

Okla_gal, I would love to know what this book is that you have too. A search on amazon.com came up with nothing.
Shirley

o

Okla_gal I, I would also love to know what book you have. I have searched and searched for a book, but to no avail. Thanks in advance. My addy is on my page also.
Katrina

o

Hi again...
I have been searching and found a page for a small pot person...I think is it kind of cute....

Jean

Here is a link that might be useful: Pots With Personality

o

The book I have is from Marshall pottery in Marshall Tx. It's kind of like their own designs. That is one of the neatest places on earth. In the book there is a really cute snowman made out of azalea pots that if I bought the pots in Tulsa, it would cost me at least 70.00, but I can get all of them for about 30. in Marshall. I go there about twice a yr. and buy a couple hundred dollars worth of clay pots. Needless to say I have clay pots everywhere. I sell the snowmen for 75.00 and can never keep enough done up.

o

Hello Okla_gal,
If you still are sending out copies, please add me to your list. Email me and we can work out deatails.
Thank you
Bev

o

I also love Marshall Pottery. Love their outside seconds lot!! Wish I lived closer, only get there
once a year, but you know I make it worth the trip.

Honeybee

o

O.K. gals your patterns are finally on their way to your house.

o

Thank-you Oklahoma Gal! Can't wait to see them.

Katrina

o

to Okla_gal
Is it too late to get a copy of pot pattern people? if not, email kathyy138@hotmail.com. Thanks much.

o

Okla-gal,
Me too please ?!?!? Email me at maryalice9999@aol.com regarding those pot people. Thanks in advance.

o

okl gal
please send me a cop of the book also. i will pay you for coping it and the postage. send to jhm@webtv.net
thanks

o

COULD I GET ON THE BAND WAGON TOO AND GET A COPY OR INFORMATION ON HOW TO RECEIVE THE BOOK ON MAKING 'POT PEOPLE'? THANKS TVANDE, IN TENNESSEE

o

I just bought the pots yesterday to make a Pot Angel. You use one large pot turned upside down, then the next smaller size one upside-down on that one, followed by the next smaller size on upside-down on that. This makes her body/dress. (The picture I saw had spaghnum moss tucked between each pot, and I plan to glue them together using GE silicon II caulk.) Her head is made using the same size pot as the top of the body, turned up-right and glued to the top. The arms are made using 6 smaller pots (3 per arm) strung on wire (I am going to use spacers to keep the pots spaced apart a few inches and tuck moss in the spaces), and hanging down on either side of the body. Then I will make the wings using several loops of copper wire and fastened to the back with the caulk. (You could also use a bunch of twigs for the wings.) I plan to place the pots over an electric fence post (available at Lowe's) to make it more stable, plus you can twist the wire for the arms around the post to help hold them in place... I will try to post a picture when I get her completed.

o

Okla_gal,

I too will pay the cost of photocopying and mailing if you'd send me a copy of the pot people/animals patterns!

o

Okay I will copy up to the last post, Lizzyliz, then I won't be able to do anymore for a while. I work for a swimming pool co. and we are so extremely busy this time of the yr. that ist is getting to be a little overwhelming trying to get all of these done and mailed so I am very sorry, but after these are finished I have to comp out on anyone else. hope you understand.To the ones I mailed the first sets to, did all of you receive them?

o

Thank you!

o

The cutest potperson I have seen is on a msn garden junk group. Here is the link. Check out their photos while you are there. They have some really adorable things on this site!

http://groups.msn.com/GardenJunk/sundials.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1125

o

I would dearly love one of these copies. Can any of you ladies help me?

o

Okla gal,
I haven't heard from you & can't e-mail you through here, so how much do I need to send you & where do I send it? Thanx!

o

• Posted by Lara Chicago (My Page) on
    Thu, May 15, 03 at 16:20

These are the Clay Pot Garden Angels I made last year. I made 2 with sunflowers and 1 with purple flowers. http://www.geocities.com/kraftproject/craft-clay-pot-garden-angel.html

o

Thanks for the patterns! I got them the other day.

I hope you got my check for the photocopying and mailing fees. Let me know!

o

Yes, Lizzyliz I did and thank you for everything.Hope you enjoyed all the extra patterns I included.

o

Can someone email or send me a copy too?
I would love you for it!
marthag@iserv.net

o

I would love to get some patterns of pot people, animals and related. If any of you guys that were fortunate enough to receive a copy of that book and is willing to pass on the generousity that was bestowed onto them; let me know. Also, any additional links would be would be fun to check out. Thanks! PS I'm particularly interested in any "Cat" pot patterns that may be available. Thanks again!

o

I would also like the patterns if someone could send them to me.joyunder@nbnet.nb.ca
i will send a SASE or anything else

o

Could someone send me or email me a copy of the patterns?

o

Well hello all I have been away from here for the last few months. But everyone always is so amazing with the ideas they come up with, all of you are so smart. Well about the pot people you all have given me some great ideas. I have a Pot person that is made total different from any of the ones you guys have talked about. It can be seen on my web page http://groups.msn.com/DorchesterPartners. You want believe how it's really made. People have guess all kinds of things, if you want to know I will tell all and give the steps to making it. See if you can guess right.

o

Here I figure out how to attach my web link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monica's Pond

o
re: please!!!:) me too!

If any one is willing I would love a copy of okala gal's pot people/animals book. PLEASE!!!:>)

Here is an incentive for you, I can scan them and make them a pdf file, this way we could e-mail them to whom ever would like them. Easier on the postage....
ANYONE????

o

I'd love a copy of those pot people plans too if they're available!!!!

o

email me your address and I will send you a copy.

o

OOOOH, Me too! Can I have it emailed too?

o

Hi,
I'm new to the site. I really love it. I would also really love to have a copy of the pot people and animal designs. I would be happy to pay for the copy. Thanks in advance.Kathy

o

I am also new to group but would love copies of this pot people.

Thank you
Chris

o

Please add me to the list,

Thanks, in advance.

o

I have been looking for years for this pattern can anyone email the instructions please? Ty

o

Okla_gal

Thank you very much for the patterns. I know what I will be doing the next rainy weekend.
Mine are on the way to you.

Thanks again. :)

o

Hope everyone received their patterns and are doing well. Any questions on any of them Please email me. Thanks

o

Is it possible for you to email me a pattern.
Thank you
ladyaustin@optusnet.com.au

o

i thought i'd share my little pot man too - he's just hanging out on my porch.

Friz

Here is a link that might be useful: here's my pot man

o

Hello,
I just joined the group yesterday. It's such a great site!
I would love to have a copy of the book. Could you email me at RedOakFarmhouse@aol.com.

Thanks in advance.

o

If at all possible I would really like to have a copy of the pot people and animal designs. I would be happy to pay for the copy, or you can email it to me .
Thank you so much, Lori
nunke@vvm.com

o

Okla_gal,

I too would love to get a copy of the book. Please email me to: Celestialchild32@aol.com. I will send you postage & copying fees. PLMK

Carline

o

I would like to have the patterns e-mailed to me also.Thanks for the help.

o

Several patterns of pot people and clay pot creations can be found at
http://www.angelfire.com/nm/soap/craftprojectlinks.html
Along with links for TONS of other craft projects. Scroll down till you come to the clay pots section. I'd also love a copy of the book if anyone is still passing it on. Thanks,Dorothy

Here is a link that might be useful: Crafts Project Link

o

I would love to receive the patterns if they are still available - lmsp_2000@hotmail.com
thanks

o

I would also love a copy of those patterns please! cheyscrafts@removesbcglobal.net Just remove the word remove before sending :)

Chey

o

Try mrpotman.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Mr. Potts

o

There is a new product that is coming out in the market called Annie's Bag of Bones... it is used for making clay pot people...You can make a complete person in 15 minutes or less using this kit... it works with 6" pots for legs and 4" pots for the arms 10" pots for body and 8" pot for head...this kit comes with "bones and discs" and all you do is place on a pot, snap on a disc and place on another pot... link the bones together and there is the beginning to your Potts Family... take a look at one at claypotpeople.com

Here is a link that might be useful: claypotpeople.com

o
RE: Have clay pot people pattern

Another link to those bones.... is anniesbagofbones.com

Here is a link that might be useful: anniesbagofbones.com

o

The book from Marshall's Pottery can be ordered by calling 1-888-768-8721, ext. 10. It's $6.99 plus $1 for shipping.

Barbara

o

Hi, I am looking for some nice sites on ' how to make pot people' out of clay pots, any suggestions would be appreciated.

o

Annie...

Here's a couple of sites for you:

Pot People at the Homestore

Pot Poeple at HGTV

SouthernLiving.com had/has a great pot people instruction page, but they're now a "passworded" site and my subscription has run out so I don't have the access code (if you have a current issue, there's a temporary access code in it)

K :)

o

Here is the late Miss Potts. She and I had an accident with a garden hose last summer and she will have to be replaced. She is sorely missed

Here is a link that might be useful: Miss Potts

o
Another approach to pot people

This little guy is another approach since he is made of plastic hanging basket pots. It just takes four pots glued and wired together. He has sand in his bottom to keep him upright. The pots are spray painted and trimmed with acrylic paint. He is outside for his third winter and is holding up well. The chair, however, has to be spray painted each spring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pot Snowman

o

thank you all for your suggestions on 'pot pals' I found a few that I thought were cute, now it just needs to warm up in my shed and off to work I will go, thanks.

o

Anyone who could share the PotPeople Pattern with me ??? I would love to have it!! Thanks Wendy tilor@aol.com

o

Would love coppies myself If anyone has them still available please let me know!! Will pay for copy's and postage.

Thank again
fbdbfh
aka Cheri

o

Is anyone willing to share the patterns for the pot people? I am more than willing to send postage etc!
Thanks!
Happy Spring to come!!!
retro1@earthlink.cet

o

• Posted by maac z7 Ok (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 12, 04 at 16:22

Hi I would love to get this book, if anyone is willing to share with me. Please email me thanks in advance.

alissa

o

These are the 2 I love the most.
They are not mine, but a picture I had seen on "Junk" a while back.
I made mine from Walmart's plastic pots
so I could use screws to hold them together.........cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: pot couple

o

• Posted by esgm2 Austin, Texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 12:28

Ive got a couple pot people in my yard, that are in need of pets. Are there any cats in that wonderful book from Marshalls, and is there any way to still get a copy??

o

If at all possible I would really like to have a copy of the pot people and animal designs. I would be happy to pay for the copy, or you can email it to me .
Thank you so much. swwhitener@hotmail.com

o

Some of you may have already seen Miss Pots but here she is again. She is made entirely of clay pots, even her head & hat. She now resides in the yard. Betty
Click for the big pic:

o

Okla_gal
I know this was an old posting. but would it still be possible to get copies of the patterns in the book you have from Marshall's.
I am new at all this and at this website. And the snowman sounds fantastic. I am a great Holiday decorator!! And would love to have one in my yard for Christmas!!
Please, please, please.
Thanks, Sharon

o

I was wondering if anyone still was sending out the patterns for the pot people and animals. I would send postage and if need be have a copier, would make extra copies for anyone else that would want them.

Deb

o

• Posted by Yarm Zone 8GA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 3, 04 at 11:04

if the pot people patterns can still be sent by email, i'd love to have a copy...
me123@cox.net
thanks!!!!!!!

o

If anyone is still doing the pot people patterns by email, I'd really like a copy also. I have some great sedum that would look wonderful for hair!! Thanks. joycetitus@sentco.net

o

Is anyone still sending out copies of this book? If so how does one get a copy.

Thanks

o

Hi,
May I have a copy of the pot people book as well? I'd love to try making a couple if anyone is still sending out by email.
Thanks in advance.
Virginia

o

I too am begging for patterns for PotPeople and dog or cat.
I'd be happy to send a SASE, or can be emailed at sdwyerlpn@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance to any -all who can assist
SuzyQ

o

I ordered 2 of the Pot people pamphlets from Marshall Pottery (903-938-9201):

#1)Variety of Characters: Cowboy/girl, Indian, Pilgrims, Chef, Clown, Graduates, and Uncle Sam;

#2) Christmas and Halloween Designs: Mr/Mrs Santa, Nutcracker, Angel, Snowman, Soldier, Witch, Scarecrow.

The books are $6.99@ and the shipping is reasonable and quick. The books give the face and detail patterns and the painting instructions also which is alot of help.

I just talked to Marshall's, they only carry the Holiday Designs book now, they don't carry any of the others.

Hope this helps.
Sharon

o

Hello everyone,

I have a copy of the book from Marshall Pottery Okla_gal was so kind to send me. If any one would like a copy send me an e-mail with your address....I am more than happy to send them.

If my memory serves me right they are not just the holiday patterns.

Karyn

Karenbennett@metrocast.net

o

There are dozens of projects with instructions at http://www.michaels.com/art/online/search?search=yes&type=0&keywords=clay+pots including bugs, fountains, snow villages, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Michael's Projects

o

Just joined this site and I am really interested in these pot people. If anyone could email me a pattern. My garden bench would look great with these characters on it.

Thanks

o

howdy okla gal

former okie here from lawton.where in okla r u? now just outside ft worth in a "little" town....lol. can i still get a copy of the book??????????pleaseeeee

thanks
joyce

o

this is for okla_gal please let me know if you will mail me this book i will pay for it and the mailing .thanks pat

o

I am searching for a pattern for a lady pot person for my garden. Please email me at momgertner@aol.com if you have a pattern or a link for a pattern. Thanks,
Cathy

o

would love the instructions for the pot people, if someone doesnt mind passing it along..thanks :)
kit10n@hotmail.com

o

Here's a good source of information on making pot people:

Here is a link that might be useful: Terra Cotta Pot People

o

I am looking for a pattern to make a large toy soldier or any other large holiday people. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

o

Hi, I would like the pattern for the pot people also, if it isn't too late. Please e-mail at pmg2228@yahoo.com

o

Attached is a website that I used as the basis for my pot woman
Instead of using nylon rope, I used a flexible metal wire, and instead of tying large knots, I tied the wire around various nuts, bolts, screws and washers.
I'm still searching for golashes to complete her look :o)
Freecycle on Yahoo is a great place to get pots & other items you need for the project! :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Terra Cotta Pot People

o

I would love the instructions also. Please. proudmary503@hotmail.com Thanks so much. Mary

o

May I have a copy of your patterns too?pretty please,thank you,gimpytwice

o

Lots of them on the garden junk forum. Below is a link to one thread which I found in the search there. Unfortunately the search seems to only work with one word so I searched for people instead of clay people or pot people.

And here is a pastable link to a couple of cute ones with painted faces also on the Junk forum.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/junk/msg040940499220.html

kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Pot people thread

o

Thanks so much for the thread. I also tried pot people and nothing. I will try people and see what comes up.

o

I did not see my post so am unsure if it actually was posted. This is my first & second time posting. I would greatly appreciate the instructions from the marshall pottery book if anyone still has a copy.
thank you. my email is lcgamka@gmail.com
I'm willing to pay for a copy.

o

Okla_gal
I would like a copy of your book also, if it's not to late. My email is sandyworld54@aol.com. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here